We’re starting a new chapter in our journey as Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, now part of Froneri. Having nearly 100 years of winning experience in the U.S with a robust portfolio of powerhouse brands that consumers know and love, and the backing of a global pure-play ice cream organization, we’re poised to accelerate growth.
Headquartered in the Bay area, a hub for up and coming food trends, we focus on both the future and the present. In both our offices and our factories, we are determined to overcome obstacles, learn from failure, and raise our game. With a renewed focus on frozen treats, our tight-knit team of ambitious innovators are fully immersed in the business and encouraged to flex and make decisions quickly. We are committed to pursuing every great idea, and delivering the best ice cream experience to our consumers, when are where they want it.
Unleash your potential at Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream and discover what a sweet career has in store for you.
This is a frozen warehouse position that entails physical labor in a 0 degree loading dock and -20 degree warehouse environment. All employees have safety as the highest priority while maintaining productivity standards as well as order accuracy at rates specified by the leadership team. Employees will primarily work in the Dock and Route job function.
- Primary responsibilities will be order selection based on customer and distributor orders.
- Product can be up to 50 lbs and require repetitive lifting between 1,000 - 2,000 cases per day.
- Required to be proficient and cross functional with other warehouse job functions including Route Pick, Route loader, Hand Picker, Full Pallet Pick, Full Pallet Loader.
- Comfortable working at heights and operating a scissor lift.
- Proven skill in safely maneuvering all types of material handling equipment and forklift certified.
- Ability to master the voice picking through the Vocollect system while accurately placing product on multiple orders simultaneously.
- Motivated to work in a strong customer service required environment, incented by team goals made up of: Safety, Quality, Productivity, Customer service and Improved Processes.
- Must be able to maintain target pallet and piece movement targets as per the Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) set for the operation.
- Comply and monitor all GMPs and Safety regulations.
- Maintain good housekeeping in all areas of the RDC.
- Demonstrate initiative and be self-motivated.
- Participate in NCE LEAN Activities.
- Maintain NCE functional systems within RDC.
- Ability to problem solve through use of Go-See-Think-Do and DMAIC projects.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good math and problem solving skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Willingness to work nights, weekend, overtime and holidays as scheduled.
- Ability to perform in an extreme cold environment.
- Hold multiple forklift certifications.
- Adaptable - Adjust approach to match varied task requirements; Adjust behavior to others’ styles; Change priorities to meet changing demands; Adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks
- Building and Leading a Successful Team - Develop structure; Facilitate goal accomplishment; Involve others; Inform others on team; Model commitment. This dimension addresses the ability to lead others through influence, motivation and delegation while enhancing an “I can make a difference” Nestle Leadership Principles culture.
- Coaching – When training, employees must have the ability to develop their peers knowledge and skills; providing timely feedback, guidance, and training to help them reach their goals.
- Communication - Adhere to accepted standards; Comprehend communication from others.
- Planning and Organization - Prioritize activities and assignments; Determine tasks and resources; Schedule appropriate amounts of time for completing work; Leverage resources. The key focus of this dimension is the ability to plan. To see what needs to be accomplished, to organize for execution and the delivery of results utilizing personal time well to maximize follow through.
Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Inc. is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.