We’re starting a new chapter in our journey as Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, now part of Froneri. Having nearly 100 years of winning experience in the U.S with a robust portfolio of powerhouse brands that consumers know and love, and the backing of a global pure-play ice cream organization, we’re poised to accelerate growth.
Headquartered in the Bay area, a hub for up and coming food trends, we focus on both the future and the present. In both our offices and our factories, we are determined to overcome obstacles, learn from failure, and raise our game. With a renewed focus on frozen treats, our tight-knit team of ambitious innovators are fully immersed in the business and encouraged to flex and make decisions quickly. We are committed to pursuing every great idea, and delivering the best ice cream experience to our consumers, when are where they want it.
Unleash your potential at Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream and discover what a sweet career has in store for you.
Effective and consistent management of the manufacturing area. To consistently achieve production and cost targets, through effective management of the processes, teams and proper use of equipment. Always maintaining the highest levels of quality, safety & hygiene. This will be achieved by ensuring the production area is effectively coordinated and managed, through having clear knowledge and understanding of requirements, attention to detail and providing all teams with inspiration, guidance & motivation.
ROLE AND ACTIVITY
- To ensure our manufacturing facility is clean (but no Ghost Busters), always organized and operating under factory standards
- Build and develop an area team with good ice-cream knowledge, train the “WHY”, not just the HOW
- Correct allocation and use of labor, use of crewing plans, registers and break timings – no slack
- Always conclude a solution of the root cause of the issue. Do not be bitten twice
- Keep life simple, do not over complicate the process, documentation or methods
- Ensure the team has “the tools to do the job”, everything in its place, no clutter, no compromise
- Ensure effective hand over with the relevant Maintenance shift resource.
- All faults and issues are reported
- Own NPD trials from concept to launch from a line prospective
- To drive the production process to ensure the products produced meet customer specification, quality and food safety
- To ensure daily, weekly and monthly production meets targeted outputs through effective management of production plans and manufacturing processes
- Be visible and accommodating to guide, coach and monitor your team progress
- To communicate effectively with the team in a direct and effective manner by being present in your area. We do not make ice cream in offices and on computers.
- To carry out regular coaching of your team and ensure performance management and training are taking place throughout production on a regular basis
- To be proactive, looking for areas of improvement and adopt techniques and practices that ensure there is a quality environment in production
- Ensure health and safety requirements are fully met and a positive safety culture is maintained throughout the factory
- Ensure you walk the talk and use the looking eyes, attend to the issues as and when they happen
- Take ownership of audit corrective actions and drive a culture of the team identifying and being proactive before the auditor
- Promote the Froneri culture of employees being owners rather than just employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Reducing trends of rejections for product food safety and quality issues
- Hygiene, GMP and safety audits improving week to week
- Daily, weekly, monthly production targets are fully met
- Effective team in place
- Training and development plans in place for all teams, producing measurable business benefits
- Quality and improvement initiatives being implemented
- Reduction in accidents and incidents on a YOY basis
- An improving trend on the submitted weekly KPI’s
- Dry Floors
- No downtime from water damaged parts
- Reducing trends of wastage
- De-kitting the line and making sure all packaging is returned to the warehouse
- Ensuring line is checked after being cleaned and all tools are stored in the correct places
- No stagnant water left in any equipment
LEVELS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Quality and technical system adherence
- Service Level
- Completion of the required production to plan
- Production Targets
- Usage and Labor variances for your area
- Health & Safety
- Team management
- Training and development of the factory teams
- Impeccable hygiene standards always adopting “clean as you go” principles
- Reducing water usage. “No Ghost Busters”
- Your tools and line ancillary equipment
- Performance – Open to change and will always look for better, simpler and more effective ways of operating.
- Hands on approach. – Decisions and plans based on looking and being part of the event, always present in the shop floor. We do not make ice cream in the offices.
- Zero compromise on Quality and excellence. – Hygiene, Process, Labor resource and Waste.
- Entrepreneurial – Challenges the status quo and explores new ideas and opportunities.
- Continually striving to increase knowledge of the processes and products - Understand all tasks, processes and activities as an expert in Ice cream.
- Teamwork – Commitment and enthusiasm to working together to achieve better outcomes.
- Accountability – Personal commitment, full participant who uses personal impact to build the business.
- Consumer focused –Making products that meet quality standards.
- Know Your People – Spend time getting to know your people, their skills, interests, knowledge, etc.
Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Inc. is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.