Do you enjoy leading and inspiring people? Are you highly experienced with managing people in a housekeeping/maintenance environment? Are you organized, conscientious and pay attention to details?
If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Team Leader to supervise and mentor a zone of approximately 12 staff in all housekeeping related operational functions. You will be responsible for achieving service levels defined by the quality assurance process. The Section Supervisor will be responsible for defining expectations, providing performance coaching, and fostering the development of the staff in their section. They will work closely with other Section Supervisors within the Group, as well as leadership across the Laboratory, to maximize the impact to the organization, create and sustain a culture of excellence and cross-enterprise collaboration.
As the Section Supervisor you will...
- Interact daily with the Group Supervisor to develop work assignments and meet performance objectives. You will help motivate, develop, and direct staff to achieve high performance levels. You will work with staff to set annual goals/ objectives. You will collaborate with the Group Supervisor on HR related actions such as hiring performance management, staff recognition, reclassifications and staff accountability.
- Champion diversity and innovation while ensuring the exchange of information within and beyond the section. Inspire and empower staff on problem solving, diversity of thought, inclusion and continuous improvement.
- Seek partner feedback and address opportunities/challenges related to housekeeping services and taking corrective actions to resolve any concerns. Participate with other section supervisors to make recommendations to improve service and ensure efficient and consistent operations across zones.
- Support the ongoing process to evaluate and review equipment needs and new products and cleaning practices as well as to research and implements new technologies. You will also provide inputs to training materials for new equipment and work practices as needed.
You meet our minimum qualifications, if you…
- Have a minimum 5 years’ of demonstrated related work experience with flexible work schedule.
- Have experience leading or supervising teams, including developing work assignments
- Are proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and general PC knowledge
- Possess demonstrated strength in training, resource allocation and staff development.
- Do you have reliable transportation? It is a requirement.
You go beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Are experienced with commercial cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Possess knowledge of environmentally-sensitive (green) cleaning programs.
- Have a membership or participate in a professional associations such as the International Executive Housekeepers Association or ISSA
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.