Warehouse Operations Manager
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do
- The Warehouse Manager will collaborate with our Supervisor team to solve immediate day-to-day operational issues.
- Develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership, and identify opportunity to improve the Warehousing productivity. You’ll command a strong senior presence, and build a team of high performing Supervisors.
- Monitor and drive key service level metrics for fulfillment to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our promise.
- Support operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability.
- Manage, coach, develop team of Operations Supervisors.
- Manage multiple priorities in a face-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through.
- Establish sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement, as well as streamline and optimize day-to-day operations.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of operations management experience.
- Strong administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills.
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data, and develop, recommend, implement solutions
- Able to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan. Able to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style. Adept at communicating up and down and at pivoting approach depending on the audience’s needs.
- Familiarity with Excel and SQL are a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.