SQL Developer III
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are currently seeking a dynamic SQL DEVELOPER III to join our team at our office in Norfolk, VA or Latham, NY. The SQL Developer will be responsible for managing client and enterprise information and reporting deliverables. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to executing production jobs, report delivery, and pre-release quality assurance. Duties also include hands-on new development as well as support, maintenance, or enhancement of existing production processes. The SQL Developer II leads and manages, with management oversight, small projects, enterprise objectives and strategic initiatives and acts as a resource to department team members and external departments in the day-to-day functions of the department.
- Ensures production reports are accurate and delivered in a timely manner
- Provides timely response and resolution of emergency production questions, issues, and defects
- Adheres to production support and implementation processes
- Ensures production environment stability
- Provides analytical services for business data needs and makes recommendations for viable solutions
- Addresses data integrity issues as they arise
- Troubleshoots data issues, validates result sets, recommends and implements process improvements
- Effectively communicates with internal and external customers with management oversight as necessary, to elicit, capture, develop, and implement customer requirements
- Documents production process flows
- Works closely with Team Leads and Management to meet department production needs
- Leads and manages small projects involving client engagement with management oversight
- Guides, supports and advises junior members of the team.
- Displays a positive, constructive, and helpful demeanor to assist team members and offer suggestions that improve processes, culture or working environment.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned and required
- Education:Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Systems Administration or related field is preferred.
- Relevant Work Experience:Two (2) years of work experience, preferably in healthcare, insurance, or managed care field. Mastery of relational DB concepts, with one (1) year of Oracle or MSFT experience. Mastery of relational DB concepts, with one (1) year of Oracle or MSFT experience. One (1) year of hands-on Crystal or SRSS experience and can demonstrate intermediate proficiency.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Sophisticated business acumen and ability to solve complex problems related to Beacon clients.
- Strong understanding of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project required
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL/T-SQL and Crystal Reports required
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and team-oriented work philosophy
- Good verbal and written communication skills, group presentation and public speaking skills
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabl