Zippy's Las Vegas - Assistant Manager
General Manager, Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
This position is fundamental to the realization of a Unit’s customer service and financial goals. This position is accountable for one of the four key focus areas; sales/service, costs/quality, safety/sanitation and labor/employee development. The Mission Statement and Core Values of the company would serve as a guide for the actions of the assistant manager and would be expected to be reflected in their behavior. This position works closely with the General Manager, Assistant General Manager and other assistant managers to ensure the highest level of service and operational standards, resulting in genuine and consistent customer experiences. This position will be required to travel to Hawaii for trainings.
- Ensures the delivery of daily and weekly financial, customer and people development results for their store.
- Effectively mentors employees and hourly ops managers, pulling them up the leadership pipeline.
- Performance manages employees (conferences) to unlock potential and hold company standards.
- Assists with the hiring and staffing goals of the store.
- Proven track record of effectively managing conflict between employees, managers, and customers.
- Manages one or more business functions in the store.
- Models behaviors in alignment with the Mission Statement and Core Values of the Company; acts upon them daily, provides a deeper understanding of the Mission Statement to employees and encourages them to find personal meaning in their employment.
- Assists the Store Manager in establishing goals and priorities for the store, which are aligned with the Corporate Mission Statement and goals.
- Continuously looks for ways to achieve, maintain and improve SQCST: good service to customers, food handling that ensures a quality product, a clean and safe environment, and training to support individuals to achieve their maximum potential.
- Creates, implements and follows up on action plans to achieve store results; uses numerical or tangible feedback to move into correction immediately if areas are found to be deficient.
- Displays and maintains a calm demeanor especially during the peak periods of business or when unusual situations arise
- Views complaints as an opportunity to connect with the customer by showing genuine care and thoughtfulness.
- Knows and implements actions to achieve customer satisfaction to include ongoing training of employees so they can best serve others; handling complaints in a way that results in satisfaction from the customer; exploring the situation that led to the complaint and making corrections appropriately.
- Communicates in a clear, concise and accurate manner to maintain effective restaurant operations.
- Coaches and educates employees; provides employees with opportunities for gaining experience and skill. In support of this process, ensures good initial training; maintains cross-training programs; prepares for and conducts performance evaluations to provide useful feedback to employees; motivates and counsels employees to support them in achieving their fullest potential.
- Takes accountability for one of the four key focus areas: Sales and Service, Food Cost and Quality, Labor and Employee Development, Safety and Sanitation
- Work with other managers and departments to address opportunities in the four focus areas, develop and implement “best practices” to achieve unit and corporate goals
- Effectively relate “best practices” to store managers, implement and sustain at store level, act as a coach and mentor by developing employees in these specific areas
- Expresses a difference of opinion in a way that is respectful of others.
- Ensures restaurant operations are compliant with local and state regulations at all times.
- Establishes and promotes a work culture where positivity, trust and cooperation are constantly present.
- Decision Quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Manages Conflict - Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise
- Drives Engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Must have flexible scheduling availability
- Available for work on any day of the week
- Available for work on any shift in the 24-hour day with a good attitude
- Available for work at any store in the chain; must have reliable transportation
- Must have a telephone or other means of immediate contact and be responsive to calls
- Agreeable to comply with the scheduling requirements at each location
- Usual shift is 45 hours per week, however agreeable to comply with the scheduling requirements at each location and filling additional shifts as needed
- Able to lift 10 pounds frequently; occasionally lifting up to 60 pounds
- Standing and/or walking up to 9 hours; reaching, bending, and squatting frequently; pushing and pulling frequently
- Tolerance for work in the hot kitchen, in air-conditioning or in refrigerated areas frequently
- Time management skills with strong attention to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet assigned project deadlines in a timely manner
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Must pass drug screening test
- Must pass pre-employment physical
- Current and Valid Certified Food Safety Manager Card issued by the Southern Nevada Health District
- Able to work in temperatures ranging from 0 degrees to 95 degrees
- Around equipment that generates smoke as a by-product of cooking food
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- Food service or managerial experience preferred
- Good communication (oral and written) and listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills (ability to develop interdependent relationships)
- desire and ability to learn
- ability to build technical job skill competencies in people
- ability to set short-term, mid-term and long-term goals, measures, activities, and time frames
- ability to coordinate multiple tasks/activities, ensure smooth and balanced workflow, and meet due dates; good time management skills and habits
- ability to handle operational, staff, and customer problems on a timely basis; sees problems as opportunities for growth; is persistent in resolving an issue
- ability to get team members to work cooperatively and collaboratively
- ability to understand numerical reports and connect them to actions to take to make improvements
- Willingness to identify areas in need of improvement Self-directedness (initiative and proactivity)
- Self-responsibility (accountable for oneself)
- exercising initiative to implement, follow up and follow through to get the job done and obtain tangible results
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.