Tour Leader (CEO) & Equipment Coordinator, USA
Apply for this position
Department: Operations Location: Las Vegas , United States
Reporting to the Tour Leader Manager, the Tour Leader (CEO) & Equipment Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Tour Leader manager in the management of all Tour Leaders and relevant processes involved in their successful tour operation from start to finish. This includes management of all admin related to Tour Leaders, and all aspects of their performance management. The Tour Leader Coordinator is also responsible for ordering and maintaining all camping gear and storage locations in the US as well as responsibility for Tour Leader Swag inventory. Will be responsible for the emergency phone in rotation with the regional operations team.
- Ensure timely submission of all aspects of tours in Polaris, checking and supervising money
- request dailies, cash flow, post trip emails and general trip expenses.
- Working with Tour Leaders to ensure they take responsibility of their own trip expenses and documents.
- Assist in Tour Leader scheduling
- Responsible for compiling pre-trip documents for the Tour Leaders and assisting the Tour Leader Manager in pre and post-trip reports and debriefing of Tour Leaders.
- Responsible for annual camping equipment order and all inventory management.
- Assist Tour Leader Manager in Tour Leader engagement
- Coordinate and assist in ground support for logistical issues during trips and on-trip emergencies.
- Work with the Tour Leader Manager on all aspects of recruitment and Wanderer training.
- Contribute to special projects developing manuals and other Tour Leader resources.
- Assist in Tour Leader profile updates, Tour Leader Info database and Trip Notes updates, the maintenance and
- development of Tour Leader resources
- Coordinate with North America Reservations and Ops Coordinators for late bookings, vendor
- issues, campground reservations and other on the road issues.
- Support and contribute to all WildWest FUNdraising initiatives for Planeterra
- Assist in any on the ground research for potential Planeterra projects.
- In cooperation with the Tour Leader Manager, address Tour Leader and passenger issues that arise, work with Senior Tour Leaders and the Regional Operations Manager to solve operation-related issues.
- Assist the Tour Leader Manager in reading Tour Leader trip comments and responding as required, including
- communicating any costing, product or operational information/changes.
- Assist with critical incident management as needed.
- Act as an ambassador and role model of the G Adventures core values. Mentor, coach and
- encourage G Adventures Tour Leaders.
- Look for and execute improvements to the Wild West office processes and procedures.
- 1+ years of experience working in the tourism industry
- On road experience as a tour guide/leader preferred
- Experience managing others preferred
- Advanced English language skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with proficiency in Google Suite
- Strong office administration and organizational skills
- Ability to travel when necessary for the role
- Problem solving abilities
- Class B License with passenger endorsement a plus
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply you must hold appropriate citizenship or documents permitting you to reside and work in the USA.
G Adventures is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
Apply for this position