Supervisor, Nuclear Pharmacy (Driver Supervisor) Revised 5.2018 Job code: M19538
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide.
The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 40,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 15 on the Fortune 500.
What does Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health?
Nuclear Pharmacy Services is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines; may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy. Supervises the Pharmacy Services Delivery team.
- Monday-Friday from 6am to 2:30pm
- Supervises day to day operations for all drivers and dispatchers
- Creates and prepares delivery routes for drivers
- Conducts staff meetings for drivers and dispatchers
- Trains newly hired Associate I, Pharmacy Services & Delivery Drivers and Dispatchers on safe driving procedures, routing, etc. when required
- Performs general pharmacy and facility clean up.
- Maintains accurate log books and vehicle inspection records. Ensures maintenance of vehicles is done on a routine basis
- May perform driver and/or dispatcher responsibilities as needed
- Evaluates, writes and conducts performance reviews
- Assists pharmacy managers and/or Radiation Safety officers with projects as needed
- Performs any other duties as required to ensure a safe and efficient pharmacy operation
- Works with staff at other nearby Cardinal Health nuclear pharmacies to make product pick ups and deliveries
- Manages relationships and proactively resolves customer/employee concerns
- Tracks paid time off, maintains schedules and processes payroll for direct reports
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years related pharmacy experience
- Aptitude for supervisory skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Minimum of 21 years of age due to driving of company owned vehicle
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, on call and/or change shifts with little or no advanced notice
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Intermediate computer skills
- Prior dispatching experience strongly preferred
- Radiation Safety experience/knowledge preferred
- Previous experience preparing and conducting employee performance reviews strongly preferred
- Previous experience with employee scheduling preferred
- Previous experience with employee payroll processing preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coach and motivate employees strongly preferred
- Previous experience preparing and creating delivery routes strongly preferred
- Previous experience conducting staff meetings preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.