JOB TITLE: STATUS BOARD OPERATOR
The Housekeeping Status Board Operator answers incoming telephone calls to the housekeeping department and logs information regarding problems/situations which require prompt attention, guest service requests, and assists in the scheduling of Guest Room Attendants. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The employee is required to use hand to fingers, handle or feel and talk or hear.
- Sign on/off phones
- Assist management team with shift change tasks, including turning over all services paperwork, and collecting and/or distributing keys, and radios from/to team members
- Compile and distribute management-provided reports to Front Desk as needed
- Handle guest needs (service calls) as quickly, efficiently, and courteously as possible, making sure all calls, work orders, requests, and related information is completely tracked as established by department procedures
- Inform Housekeeping Manager or Supervisor on room to prepare for VIP arrivals and special projects.
- Process guest lost and found inquiries; track inquiries and items, as established by department procedures
- Be able to type at least 30 words per minute.
- Have an excellent customer service, sustainability and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Be able to take clear messages, deal with upset customers, been able to transfer call to the right departments or person.
- Have phone and radio etiquette
- Pleasant personality, team oriented, and enjoys working with and serving people
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school Diploma or GED
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols
- Manual dexterity to operate job related equipment
- Frequently require to stand or sit, walk reach, with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Lift or move items up 10Lbs but no limited up to 50 Lbs
- Be able to type at least 30 words per minute
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
FLSA: Exempt (Salary): Non-Exempt (Hourly):