Special Events Representative (The Mirage)
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
It is the primary responsibility of the Special Events Representative to assist with various event details for The Mirage Special Events department while delivering exceptional customer service. Representatives are generally called-in to assist in preparation immediately before an event, guest service during an event and post event clean-up. Special Events Representative may also be called in for general office duties. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property procedures, policies and practices.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Assist with various event related tasks including but not limited to: gift assembly, gift wrapping, gift and ticket distribution, event set-up, event registration, greeting of guest, ushering, ticket collection, placement/movement of décor, delivery of items, event clean-up, etc.
- Assist with general office functions including but not limited to: answering phones, taking messages, filing, making pick-ups and deliveries.
- Serve as a representative for the property. Exhibit a professional demeanor and willingness to assist customers whenever requested.
- Enforce and ensure the privacy of customers and limits requests for information about such guests in accordance with hotel policies.
- Assist casino hosts and executive with event requests and needs.
- Respond to guest inquiries and provides information for all casino events and promotions. Also provide general information and directions about the casino, hotel and local metropolitan area.
- Be able to move chairs, small furniture and linen.
- Deliver and pick up items to and from other departments.
- Notify Supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items or alleged thefts.
- Respond to emergency situations as necessary.
- Performs all other job duties as requested.
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- Adheres to appropriate gaming regulations, policies and procedures.
- A highly motivated and energetic personality.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
*This is not intended to include every duty or responsibility of the job nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do this job.