National Harbor, Maryland
It is the primary responsibility of the Sous Chef-Main Kitchen is all physical aspects of kitchen operation, supervision of kitchen personnel, preparation and serving of food, food and labor cost control, exceeding guests' expectations as far as food quality and presentation. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Assist in overseeing the culinary operations in the Main Kitchen consistent with the strategies and vision of the property.
- Assist in overseeing Human Resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment; adherence to the company's status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Assist in overseeing the budget of the culinary aspect of the Main Kitchen and P&L. Analyze and addresses areas concern and defines needs for improvement.
- Assists Executive Chef in monitoring overtime, staff motivation.
- Monitors waste and over production, as well as utilizes leftovers, ensures proper rotation and quality control.
- Assists Executive Chef in monitoring training of new employees to help them achieve higher status.
- Assists Executive Chef in monitoring and enforcing Company and Departmental safety policies, Health Department Standards and all other applicable.
- Responsible for various clerical duties regarding staff and kitchen operations, i.e. payroll and staff files, etc.
- Responsible for assisting Executive Chef in maintaining the overall cleanliness and equipment maintenance of their areas.
- Takes inventory, coordinates with the Executive Chef on order and preparation of food items.
- Delegates work assignments.
- Delegates and assists in cooking of food items, supervise staff.
- Coordinates with Executive Chef on proper cooking and time.
- Responsible for service of menu - Supervise and assists in plate up, coordinates with Executive Chef on buffet. Delegates station assignments. Checks food items.
- Other job related duties as requested
- Kitchen Steward
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Culinary, or equivalent work experience
- At least four (4) year of experience in management
- At least three (3) years of experience in related culinary field
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
- Previous experience working in a similar resort sett
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Strong knowledge of food safety, food handling and time and temperature.
- Math and computer skills
- Knowledge on use of kitchen equipment and knife skills are required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.