Senior Manager Cloud Build (Corporate)
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Senior Cloud Build Manager is responsible for building the state-of-the-art infrastructure behind MGM’s powerful IT Infrastructure. Manage the AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Azure Services environments. The Senior Manager and their team will participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves working within the infrastructure environments, delegation of responsibilities, and managing project related work.
This position will manage a team that ensures the project deliver and service availability of the cloud infrastructure. This role will manage the delegation of tasks over multiple sites, teams and organizations.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
Ensure the continued availability and efficient operation of all MGM Gaming and Loyalty Marketing applications.
- Manage and give guidance to the team on the development of highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures.
- Manage large, complex and mission-critical IT systems.
- Experience with Budgeting, planning, project management, and meeting goals with consistency.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Manage a team and ensure agreed to SLA’s are met.
- Responsible for build, configuration, or other procedures.
- Responsible for managing all systems, training processes, build, configuration, or other procedures within the enterprise environments.
- Work toward cloud first strategy.
- Create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least six 6 years of experience in a technical role in a large enterprise environment.
- Previous experience working in IT infrastructure.
- Previous experience as a lead or supervisor.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Cloud Platform or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator: Associate.
- Proven history of team building, attracting and retaining talent, conducting technical evaluations and resource management.
- Any of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (System Center), Citrix Certifications – (Virtualization), Cisco Certification (Data Center Unified Computing) VMware DCV (Data Center Virtualization) Certifications (VCA / VCP / VCAP / VCDX), Red Hat Certificate of Expertise, Other platform and system certifications by industry recognized organizations.
- Previous experience in a hospitality and/or gaming industry.