Req Number: 9593
Nevada- Las Vegas
JT4, LLC provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. JT4 develops and maintains realistic, integrated test and training environments and prepares our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
JOB SUMMARY -- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Perform as a lead on more complex field engineering assignments. Perform a variety of engineering assignments involving technology applications involved in the installation, operation, testing and maintenance of complex electronic/mechanical equipment and systems.
Employee will be responsible to perform the following functions/duties:
- Independently performs a range of field engineering tasks involving electronic systems technology applications.
- Responsible for technology applications for complex projects.
- Apply knowledge of design specifications for more complex systems/projects.
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define specifications and requirements.
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Prepare, deliver and submit technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Develop, maintain, and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conduct site visits, experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, purpose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Work is performed in a typical office environment with no unusual hazards. Occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal; constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents; constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication; and constant mental alertness are required.
Travel to remote company work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS -- EDUCATION, TECHNICAL, AND WORK EXPERIENCE
An associate's degree in engineering or other technical discipline, or formal academic/vocational/military training and a minimum of 7 years of technical/professional experience in the specialty field are required for this position.
In addition, a Field Engineer II must possess the following qualifications:
- Professional knowledge of applicable engineering concepts and principles and familiarity with related engineering fields
- Practical knowledge of test methods and practices sufficient to perform routine to more complex engineering procedures and to prepare or make minor modifications of standard test procedures or test equipment work instructions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Planning/organizational skills.
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Telecommunication engineering skills with installation and maintenance experience
- Telecommunication engineering experience with installation and maintenance experience
- Experience with telecomm infrastructure used to transport voice, data and videoSpeific equipment knowledge: Ciena & Cisco
- Experience in WAN/LAN technologies to include fiber optics and network switching
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
Tasking is in support of a Federal Government Contract that requires U.S. citizenship. Some jobs may require a candidate to be eligible for a government security clearance, state-issued driver's license, or other licenses/certifications, and the inability to obtain and maintain the required clearance, license, or certification may affect an employee's ability to maintain employment.
SCC: JENG17; JCORP 12