The Manager, Operations & Visual Merchandising leads a team of colleagues who are responsible for ensuring the merchandise in their Macy’s Store is ready for the customer to shop. This role leads all activities from receipt of product to ensuring the product is floor ready for customer purchase. These activities include merchandising, product movement, price changes, signage, visual execution and event set-up. The OVM ensures that customer SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) are met for order readiness and shipment from stores driven by product fulfillment. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Drive sales and profit results by leading and developing strategies and appropriately planning/executing workload on the following: pricing, signing, visual execution, merchandise execution, event execution.
- Monitor merchandise flow, incoming receipts and reverse logistics activities to accurately plan staffing/schedules – drive Supply Chain Initiatives in-store.
- Ensure adequate staffing and weekend compliance to ensure completion of work and SLAs for Fulfillment, BOPS (Buy Online, Pick Up in Store), and BOSS (Buy Online, Ship to Store) are met.
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation, including visual signage, key item placement, and seasonal fashion trend statements; lead sales event set-up.
- Direct and organize the receiving and processing of all merchandise receipts; drive leadership to ensure back of house standards are maintained.
- Analyze merchandising reports to review business results and develop appropriate strategies to capitalize on business strengths and impact deficiencies.
- Direct and organize merchandise receipt placement, replenishment and sales promotion set-up; plan, execute and lead floor/fixture moves, merchandise placement and presentation.
- Interview, hire, train, direct, manage, coach, develop, coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports; establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support; direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with colleagues.
- Utilize review process as a tool for Colleague talent development, promotion and advancement.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years retail management in a department or specialty store.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to draft reports and other communications, effectively present to management and internal and external business partners, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, and feel.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., climb ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Exchange.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and RF equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.