Lead Network Engineer – Cloud/SDN (Corporate)
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Lead Network Engineer is responsible for building the state-of-the-art infrastructure behind MGM’s powerful IT Infrastructure. Build the AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Azure Services environments. This position will ensure a comprehensive strategy across technical boundaries, and leads the design and implementation of and evolving technical architecture. The Lead Network Engineer works closely with the team and Sr Manager to review technical designs and provide technical direction. This position validates the design of the solutions provided by other architects. This position partners with other architects and engineers from other disciplines to ensure and validate the best comprehensive design for the environment. This position may also assist or direct the resolution of complex technical problems.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Lead the team to build highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures.
- Lead the team to build large, complex and mission-critical IT systems.
- Responsible for design, build, configuration and other procedures.
- Provide Tier III and IV/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Responsible for all enterprise networks, training processes, build, configuration, or other procedures within the enterprise environments.
- Responsible for all systems, training processes, build, configuration, or other procedures within the enterprise environments.
- Drives cloud first strategy.
- Write documentation for the handoff to the support team.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Mentor the Senior Network Engineers assist with knowledge transfer and training of others.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent education and work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in a technical role in an enterprise environment.
- At least 3 years of experience working on Cloud infrastructure and/or SDN environment.
- Working experience on WAN and LAN connectivity, configuring switches, routers, firewalls, QoS, wireless devices.
- Advanced understanding of security policies, Routing (OSPF, RIPv2, BGP), WAN Technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN).
- Remote access solutions such as VPN, Terminal Services and Citrix.
- Advanced working knowledge of Python scripting and/or other scripting.
- Good working experience using Network tools.
- Experience with planning, project management, and meeting goals with consistency.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Experience with ITIL best practices, change management, inventory management and change coordination
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud, SDN, SDWAN, VXLAN and Cisco ACI or similar technologies.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Cloud Platform or AWS Certified.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIS-NET).
- Any of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (System Center), Cisco Certification (Data Center Unified Computing) of Expertise, other system certifications by industry recognized organizations.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.