Requisition Number: DRUGA05489
The Specialist, Drug & Alcohol (D&A) reports to the Manager of Drug & Alcohol. This position assists with oversight of all facets of FAA D&A Program, and oversees compliance with Allegiant’s D&A guidelines and policies. This role also assists the Manager with the oversight of random D&A testing process; including, managing the Allegiant DOT random pool, crew tracking, auditing collection sites and vendors, developing quarterly reports for Drug Abatement Compliance, ensuring testing results are properly tracked, and interfacing with the Third Party Administrators. All components of the program must be maintained in compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and Allegiant policies and procedures. This role interacts with Recruiters, Hiring Managers, People Services, FAA, Safety and Security, and Vendors.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
A Bachelor's Degree is preferred
Certification Details: Successful completion of Designated Employer Representative (DER) training within 60 days of hire is required.
Years of Experience: Minimum two (2) years within Human resources, Compliance, Safety, or similar experience required.
- Previous D&A Program experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and a strong team player.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in creating and delivering on-the-job training.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Airline experience preferred.
- Preferred experience with PRIA, 49 CFR 40.25 and FAA DOT Regulations (Part 40 & Part 120).
- Routine monitoring of all federal, state and local laws, regulations, standards and codes; notify management of any necessary program changes.
- Assist with the scheduling and tracking of D&A tests across the Allegiant system.
- Assist the Manager D&A with the implementation, automation and operation of D&A data systems.
- Supervise the administration of drug tests, ensuring compliance with DOT/FAA regulations and Allegiant D&A policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of D&A Program annual reports.
- Track all D&A testing results and provide status reports when needed.
- Conduct audits; including, PRIA/8060-12, 49 CFR 40.25, Pre-Employment Drug Tests & New Hire data entry/files, vendor on-site reviews, D&A training completion, and Allegiant’s random pool.
- Maintain an on-call status with a high level of accessibility and availability as alternate DER.
- Assist with establishing vendor relationships and contracts, as needed.
- Review training courses and content ensuring it complies with governing body regulations and Allegiant policies/standards.
- Assist with revisions of Allegiant manuals, ensuring they are compliant with applicable federal state regulations.
- Understand and apply Allegiants Customer Commitment and customer standards to the daily responsibilities, as appropriate.
- Model Allegiant's customer service standards in personal actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see Allegiant.com/careers