Las Vegas, Nevada
It is the primary responsibility of the Counter Worker to greet guests as they approach the counter, take food and beverage orders, make enticing suggestions and employ suggestive selling techniques, process payment, and expedite the orders from the kitchen. Secondary responsibilities include stocking and maintaining cleanliness of the condiment counter, the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines, and all related storage areas. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ensures a high level of guest satisfaction by providing service that is consistent with the company's core service standards and the overall brand attributes.
- Greets guests and initiates conversation with guests.
- Actively takes orders, gives enticing suggestions, and processes payment.
- Exhibit proper knowledge, selling techniques and service delivery of all menu items, alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Itemize bills correctly and efficiently secure payment.
- Expedites food and drink orders for each party quickly and accurately.
- Adheres to all responsible alcohol serving requirements as dictated by the state; request identification from guest ordering alcohol when legal age is questionable.
- Attends and actively participates in daily team updates and scheduled training sessions and retains knowledge covered therein.
- Maintains complete knowledge of all menu items and non-alcoholic selections available in BeerHaus.
- Ability to work cohesively with other employees to provide guests with a superior level of service and uncompromising guest experience.
- Exhibits thorough knowledge of the particular characteristics, style, and description of every draft and package beer available at the Counter.
- Ability to serve guests in the dining room and patio of BeerHaus, as necessary.
- Obtains assigned bank at the beginning of the shift, returning it at the end of the shift.
- Ensures accuracy of contracted monies, keeping bank secure at all times.
- Keeps count on tickets and perform cash drops at the end of the shift.
- Accurately and efficiently closes out all cash checks for servers, providing accurate change from monies received.
- Accepts server cash out reports, paying out the correct amount of charge tips for each server report received.
- Is familiar with all Park services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Cleans all equipment, tools, and supplies and maintains equipment in good working order.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the counter and all related storage areas.
- Communicates with managers, co-workers and guests in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- Ability to work with the Management Team to perform regular inventories, ascertain par levels for items, and compile beverage orders for the Management Team to place.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- At least 2 years of experience in a restaurant or similar environment.
- Ability to have a highly motivated and energetic personality.
- Ability to use a Point-Of-Sales computer system.
- Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
- Working knowledge of money-handling skills.
- Working knowledge of beers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to work effectively with all co-workers.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.