Catering Manager - Convention Services (Park MGM)
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
A Catering Manager is responsible for generating catering revenue. This individual is also dedicated to providing refined luxury service in order to create lasting and favorable memories. This position promotes, directs, and leads the company’s core service standards and brand attributes; supports the company’s sustainability initiatives and platform; and manages the operations by maintaining a positive, forward-thinking, and safe environment. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental policies, practices, and procedures, as well as within the framework.
- Establish positive working relationships and partnerships with all Hotel team members using the core value to be respectful and considerate.
- Actively soliciting new business, contact prospective clients via phone, email, letter etc. to identify and procure business opportunities in order to maximize volume, revenue and profit with emphasis on citywide convention and social business.
- Handle multiple concurrent contract negotiations in order to maximize volume, revenue and profit.
- Negotiate business terms of contracts.
- Establish positive working relationships and partnerships with all clients by understanding their expectations and anticipating their needs.
- Efficiently & effectively communicate clients’ needs and expectations.
- Directs the catering and event / meeting room set up with the client and communicate the information to all departments internally through Banquet Event Orders.
- Assigns and coordinates function space based on clients program and needs.
- Ensure all essential communication is appropriately recorded into Delphi.fdc including but not limited to correspondence regarding attrition, deposits, billing, meeting room rental, changes in function space.
- Input and maintain Delphi.fdc Bookings and Scheduler.
- Professionally represent the property during site inspections, client entertaining, tradeshows, presentations, and offsite events.
- Achieve monthly department revenue goals.
- Coordinate all logistical details once event is confirmed, including but not limited to food and beverage, meetings, planning visits, payments, limos, amenities, site inspections, etc.
- Perform site tours for prospective clients and conduct pre-event and post event meetings with clients.
- Develop F&B minimums and space availability that are competitive and offer highest yield for the hotel to ensure maximum profitability.
- Develop proposals, menus and banquet events orders.
- Effective and proactive communication to external and internal clients and work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution.
- Participate in projects such as market research, department marketing plan, event planning packages and lead distribution to ensure maximum banquet room occupancy and client satisfaction for catering accounts.
- Other job related duties as requested.
- Ensures all accounting matters are handled in compliance with Company policy.
- Maintains a culture of integrity, teamwork, and respect to ensure the long-term continued growth and profitability of the department.
- Maintains a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Hosts prospective clients visiting the hotel to include customer entertainment such as dining in hotel restaurants and accompanying to shows.
- Participates in Catering & Convention Services staff meetings.
- Manages the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned department(s) consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Lead by example especially with regards to the core values.
- Fact based decision making.
- Ask probing questions of clients to ensure an understanding of their needs and expectations.
- Anticipate client needs by understanding the global picture.
- Meet the demands of a fast-paced environment by using good judgment and the ability to multi-task.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to project authority with general knowledge of hotel operations and food and beverage preparation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skill to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Delphi.fdc and Socialtables.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 2 years of Catering/Banquets/Convention Services experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in the hotel industry at a 4-5 star property.
- At least 1 year of hotel convention services experience.
Similar jobs you might like
MGM Resorts International Las Vegas, NV
MGM Resorts International Las Vegas, NV