This position prepares properly repaired and primed automotive body panels for refinish coat application, assuring all sand scratches and visible imperfections are removed or repaired prior to application of refinish topcoats. Adherence to processes defined in Manheim's Body Shop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) is required.
- Inspect all repaired and primed panels for proper and complete body repairs and primer application as defined in SOP.
- Review any incomplete, missed damage, or improper repairs with management before proceeding.
- Mask/protect any adjacent panels (non refinish) from scratches or damage before final sanding.
- Prepare properly repaired and primed panels (including “blend“ panels) for final finish application using abrasives, power tools, and hand tools, as directed in SOP.
- Avoid over-sanding (cutting through finish) or under-sanding (leaving sand scratches that will be visible in final finish) refinish panels.
- Clean and remove all dust and other particles from repair/refinish panels completely prior to moving completed vehicles to next step.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
- Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., assist supervisor in training and orienting new employees, perform housekeeping duties, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of body shop and/or prepping experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds (i.e., light hand tools, etc).
- Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company's 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.