Aptiv Autonomous Mobility
Our real-world mobility solutions are driving us toward a safer, greener and better connected future. Aptiv is providing the “brain” and “nervous system” for vehicles that will change the face of mobility for people worldwide.
Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team is focused on developing, and commercializing autonomous vehicles and systems that enable point-to-point mobility via large fleets of autonomous vehicles in challenging urban driving environments. With talented teams working across the globe, from Boston to Singapore, Aptiv was the first company to deploy a commercial, point-to-point autonomous ride-hailing service based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired autonomous vehicle software startup nuTonomy, an integral part of Aptiv’s Autonomous Mobility team. With continued research, development, and both current and future commercial deployments, we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Work with leading engineers, research scientists, marketers and business development experts, all while enabling the future of mobility. At Aptiv, we believe that our mobility solutions have the power to change the world. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Verification and Validation (V&V) Engineer for Autonomous Drive (AMoD) will be responsible for developing and executing the functional test plans for autonomous drive vehicles and systems. This highly motivated individual will work in tight conjunction with the systems, safety, and development teams as a member of the validation organization.
What You'll Do:
- Work with systems and development teams as a key stakeholder for requirements and design documentation of autonomous vehicles and their advanced systems.
- Analyze, review, and approve safety and performance requirements at subsystem, system, and stakeholder levels.
- Develop comprehensive test procedures that fully verify and validate associated requirements and design documentation.
- Analyze use cases and develop robust test scenarios that validate the autonomous vehicle in its operational design domain.
- Develop scripts, tools, and processes to facilitate automated test execution and data analyses.
- Utilize HIL bench technology to execute test procedures on autonomous systems.
- Utilize track test equipment to execute test procedures using autonomous vehicles.
- Communicate test results to development teams and management and facilitate resolving of technical issues.
What You'll Bring:
- Education: BS in Engineering
- Driver's License
- Minimum 2 years of testing and/or V&V work experience on complex systems required
- Experience with functional test plan development, execution, and reporting
- Experience with creation, analysis, and/or use of requirements and design documentation
- Self-motivated, organized, flexible, and able to balance and prioritize multiple diverse tasks
- Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic projects
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Education: MS in Engineering
- Experience in autonomous or complex vehicle engineering projects
- Experience in setting up and testing on HIL and/or SIL test lab systems
- Experience in MATLAB, SIMULINK, CANoe, CAPL, Python, and/or dSPACE tools
- Knowledge automotive industry standards, robotics, and/or ADAS systems
- Knowledge of Functional Safety Standards
- Strong background in Systems Engineering and/or formal testing of complex systems
- Strong technical writing and analysis skills
- Familiarity with and skilled in the use of electronic test equipment
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.