Assistant Manager - Bardot Brasserie (ARIA)
MGM Resorts International Las Vegas, NV
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
- Make daily floor plans per shift to ensure proper rotation and coverage of stations.
- Train employees in the performance of their duties.
- Supervise floor service in dining rooms during hours of operation.
- Delegate responsibilities to employees and supervise tasks to completion, correctly and on time.
- Anticipate the guests' needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency; personal supervision of guest complaints.
- Review staffing, schedules and vacations.
- Coach and train on policies and procedures.
- Maintain contact with cashiers to ensure correct policies and procedures for check handling and closing are followed by service staff.
- Supervise staff activities, ways of access and egress to ensure complete compliance with Health Department and Fire Marshall Regulations.
- Perform employee evaluations and manage all issues related to attendance records and Workday in general.
- Discipline or commend employees following departmental rules and complying with the Culinary Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Maintain communication with the Executive Chef on all food service and menu issues.
- Effectively communicate with management, chefs and culinary staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
- Order supplies through the IP System and Purchasing.
- Keep inventory form and stocking area updated.
- Inspect the food coming from support departments to ensure freshness and quality.
- Properly label and date all products for safe keeping and sanitation.
- Analyze financial reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Identify and implement cost-cutting measures and initiatives.
- Contact engineering department or other vendors to repair equipment.
- Understand and manage Profit and Loss statements, general business practices of restaurant operation.
- Maintain par levels and direct purchase of china, glass and silverware.
- Manage POS pricing/maintenance issues to ensure checks can be processed correctly.
- Follow current proper policies and procedures for Manager comps and voids.
- Utilize Avero to maximize sales and profits, manage daily labor and other operating expenses.
- Exercise cost controls for all aspects of restaurant operation.
- Conduct weekly FF and E checklists to maintain furniture, fixtures and equipment. Ensure dining rooms are in accordance with the 5 Star/5 Diamond Maintenance Program, to include carpet, walls, light bulbs, windows and overall general cleanliness.
- Check on all reservations and special guest needs.
- Maintain direct communication with guests for special requests and large party reservations.
- Communicate, train and support all company initiatives to front and back of the house staff.
- Work as a team member, assisting guests' and employees' needs and inquiries.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- At least 3 years of service experience in a similar dining environment.
- Working knowledge of kitchen operations.
- Working knowledge of beverage and wine service.
- Working knowledge of all beverage product, menu items and equipment used to perform these duties.
- Working knowledge of all health and safety regulations.
- Effective listening abilities and ability to make strong judgment calls.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of several POS systems.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- At least 1 year of management-related work experience.
- Previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.