At Terminal, we build skilled remote engineering teams for the top companies in tech. More than just recruiting, Terminal takes care of everything remote teams need to thrive – from little things like managing office logistics to big things like benefits, legal, and community. We identify emerging tech hubs around the globe and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We exist because we just don't believe that geographical barriers should get in the way of putting the best people at the best companies and helping them thrive. Backed by top venture firms like [8VC, Cathay Innovation, Carolwood] KPCB, Craft, Thiel Capital and more, Terminal is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Guadalajara and rapidly expanding into new geographies.
At Terminal, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will assist in creating a foundational structure to enable and support our growth strategy while continually providing a high level of service to our clients and members.
As an HRBP, you’ll support in the development and management of a full range of HR programs and initiatives, and be highly engaged with our clients & members in providing top-notch HR support. You'll be a great fit if you’re a tough, results-oriented, team player who is passionate about their work and not afraid to tackle the challenges that come with a scaling start-up! You will report to the Director, Human Resources.
What You'll Do
- Provide HR business partner support to leaders & members by providing guidance and advice on all HR related matters
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition & Customer Success teams in supporting our clients
- Manage and execute employee benefit plans and make recommendations as appropriate
- Work closely with the Director of HR to develop & maintain a total reward strategy which includes maintaining salary survey data, designing and rolling out a performance and compensation review program etc.
- Act as a key resource in building out the HR infrastructure with respect to policy development, best practices etc.
- Ensure compliance and regulatory requirements are met, including but not limited to health & safety, internal policy development and other programs.
- Key stakeholder in on-boarding, culture, engagement and retention initiatives
- Take the lead on developing and rolling out learning & development programs and opportunities across our sites
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues
- Manage employment related immigration cases
- Other tasks and projects as required to support growth of company
What You Bring
- Minimum 6 + years demonstrated experience working in a HR Business Partner role
- Solid foundational knowledge & demonstrated experience working across all disciplines of HR including performance management, employee relations, compensation etc.
What You Have
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across a remote environment
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated team player who thrives on working in a complex and challenging environment
- Ability to prioritize and effectively deal with competing priorities
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.