At Terminal, we build skilled remote engineering teams for the top companies in tech. More than just recruiting, Terminal takes care of everything remote teams need to thrive – from little things like managing office logistics to big things like benefits, legal, and community. We identify emerging tech hubs around the globe, and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We exist because we just don't believe that geographical barriers should get in the way of putting the best people at the best companies and helping them thrive. Backed by top venture firms, Terminal is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Guadalajara and rapidly expanding into new geographies.
Terminal is seeking an L&D leader who is creative, self-directed and passionate about the future of work. This role will be an integral part to our Member experience strategy. We have over 210 engineers across Canada and Mexico and looking to continue that growth. However, that growth can only happen if we live our values and brand promise to give our Engineering community a unique and in-depth learning environment.
We are seeking a player/coach profile that can partner with our developer advocate to create training programs that cater to the technical community as well as be able to then deliver that training across our offices or virtually.
This person can be based at one of our Terminal sites or remotely for the right candidate. In the near term this role will report to the Chief People Officer.
What You'll Do
- Partner across functions to develop and deliver an end to end training modules for our internal member community
- Develop and deliver some value-added services in the form of training for our clients
- Partner with the Member experience partners to support individual coaching/training plans
- Think outside the box and come up with unique training concepts that can work in a distributed/remote environment
- Consult with internal business leaders, HR Business Partners, and at times our clients to identify learning needs
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in building and scaling Learning & Development programs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to understand a technical environment and create/deliver training on skill development
- Ability to solve problems with creativity and a learning & development mindset
- Able to package and present complex analyses and recommendations clearly
- Ability to track ROI on the training programs
- Ability to travel across Canada and USA, approximately 20% of time
- Outstanding interpersonal, executive presence, and coaching skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Terminal, we are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. We promise a response to every application.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.