At Terminal, we build skilled remote engineering teams for the top companies in tech. More than just recruiting, Terminal takes care of everything remote teams need to thrive – from little things like managing office logistics to big things like benefits, legal, and community. We identify emerging tech hubs around the globe and connect the top engineers with the most compelling companies. We exist because we just don't believe that geographical barriers should get in the way of putting the best people at the best companies and helping them thrive. Backed by top venture firms like KPCB, Craft, Thiel Capital and more, Terminal is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto, Guadalajara and rapidly expanding into new geographies.
As Terminal’s Graphic Designer, you’ll be a big part of our small but mighty Marketing Team – delivering thoughtful, brand-driven materials and experiences to our community of members, candidates, clients and prospects. Working closely with our Design Lead, you’ll help to ensure all functions – from Business Development to HR to Office Operations – are aligned with our brand guidelines and messaging, and help them to communicate our brand values to our audiences in a concise and engaging way.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Marketing Team with day-to-day production needs
- Contribute to the continuous development of a distinct brand, through ongoing visual research and concept exploration
- Partner with our Design Lead and other team members to create compelling marketing materials for events and campaigns
- Help to tell the Terminal story by creating visuals for pitch decks and other sales materials
- Help to expand our UI library through creation of iconography and other components
- Develop concepts and artwork for swag items
- Create visuals for social posts
- Help to evolve member experience in our offices through brand application, brainstorming and creation of moodboards
What you bring:
- 2-3 years experience working on an in-house team or at an agency
- A strong portfolio of recent work
- Background in illustration is considered an asset
- Knowledge of current best practices and development trends for web
- Willingness to speak to and discuss design decisions
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- An eye for detail and the ability to self-start
- Comfortable soliciting and implementing feedback
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and Sketch
- Knowledge of print production and digital asset creation
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven, fast-paced, and well-funded startup
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life and disability insurance
- RRSP plan and meaningful equity
- Commuter benefits and catered lunch
- Open vacation policy and flexible schedule
- Team outings and happy hours
- Company off-sites and much more!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Terminal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
We thank all applicants for their interest.