The Clinical Manager (CM) position works to change clinical practice in current customers and new prospects. The CM supports growth and correct usage of Vapotherm products through clinical education and expertise to prospective and existing customers. The CM interfaces with health care providers in acute care hospitals and post-acute care hospitals and institutions where Vapotherm may be utilized in the respiratory care process. The position requires a certification or degree and clinical practice experience in respiratory therapy.
- Provide clinical and product related training to Vapotherm customers and prospects including formal in-service support.
- Collaborate with the Vapotherm Account Managers in the product evaluation and implementation process on 4+ unit deals.
- Work with the Regional Business Director and Account Managers to schedule weekly meetings/validations/implementations strategically with top customers in the region.
- Provide scheduled support to top customers on equipment operation, troubleshooting and clinical best practices.
- Communicate with all territory customers at least once a quarter
- Manage territory activities through Vapotherm Customer Relationship Management (CRM) dashboards and company generated standard and customized reports.
- Report all activities, communications and customer intelligence in Vapotherm’s CRM system.
- Organize and/or present at health care practitioner conferences, symposium, etc. on Vapotherm technology and product.
- Consult in the creation or update of clinical education materials.
- Provide feedback to Product Development for improvement to current product and development of new products/extensions.
- Work national, regional and state meetings and exhibits as required
- Keep up to date on latest clinical literature related to Vapotherm and competitive technologies
Knowledge, Years of Experience and Education (please list specifics for different individuals)
- CRT or RRT certification required.
- Minimum two years experience in respiratory or critical care.
- Clinical experience in adult, pediatric and/or neonatal markets.
- Education experience in hospital environment required
- Current knowledge of respiratory therapies. Vapotherm experience required.
- Previous example/s of influencing clinical use of product in hospital environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Group presentation experience preferred
- Computer skills including MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and online applications
Additional Desired Characteristics:
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight (>75% of the time)
- Customer focused
- Time management abilities
- Interest in innovative medical therapies and technology
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time for meetings or work, travel to different locations via car or airplane, operate a motor vehicle, operate a personal computer, visually inspect reports/forms, conduct oral communication via telephone or in person, retrieve and return files, and occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.