Shift Manager - 202 W. Del Mar Blvd. (Laredo, TX)
The Manager is a business partner responsible for working closely with the Assistant General Manager and General Manager to inspire the team. The Manager ensures all health, safety, recruiting, budgeting, marketing, and sales goals are obtained throughout the assigned restaurant; utilizes the sales and marketing plan as the basis for setting customer service goals to improve sales through increased customer traffic; supports the Assistant General Manager and General Manager with regard to recruitment, development, training, and retention of quality Team Members and Team Leaders; demonstrates a willingness to listen to and address problems; ensures a clean, safe, and energy efficient operation during each shift; and ensures the store is always, in the customer's eye, “ready for business.“
- Evaluate Team Member performance, identify and engage in training and development activities, and keep General Manager informed of progress.
- Greet customers and solicit feedback regarding product and service quality and utilizing feedback to initiate immediate improvements in the shift.
- Utilize the sales and marketing plan as a basis for setting customer service goals.
- Validate the sales plan is in line with Period and Quarterly projections.
- Track and audit sales, food, labor, cash and expense items each day. Posting invoices as incurred and reviewing weekly/monthly In-store operating statement.
- Ensure accurate inventories are conducted regularly and efficient ordering is maintained.
- Investigate and ensure accurate timely reporting of all safety incidents.
- Ensure Team Members and Team Leaders follow accurate cash handling and security procedures.
- Perform administrative tasks.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Communicate all complaints involving Whataburger policy violations to upper management.
To continue the path for career success at Whataburger, the Manager will participate in a skills development program and will be required to achieve certifications associated with the position.
Experience: (Minimum experience the job requires.)
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience in a restaurant, hospitality, or retail industry.
- Demonstrated intermediate-to-advance level ability to communicate, influence and negotiate decisions while motivating assigned staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Prior management experience.
Knowledge: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively.)
- Basic-to-intermediate knowledge of Back of House Systems, Point of Sale Systems, Restaurant Operating Systems and the Internet.
- Strong general knowledge of the organization and its functions.
- Intermediate-to-advanced understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures.
- Intermediate –to-advanced ability to get work done through others.
- Intermediate-to-advanced understanding of conducting performance reviews.
- Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, managers and direct reports with ample notice and preparation.
Education: (Minimum formal education the job requires.)
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
Physical: (Minimum physical requirement to perform the job effectively.)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to stand during entire shift.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry and push.
- Ability to read (Orders on tickets, Menu Board, receipts, etc.)
- Frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, cleaning and sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and produce items.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Possession of current and valid driver license required, liability insurance, acceptable driving record and a satisfactory background check required.
- Food Safety Certification (may vary based on city, county and state requirements)