As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. Our mission is three-fold: delivering exceptional patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of health professionals.
The Radiation Therapist is responsible for delivering ionizing radiation therapy treatments as determined by the Radiation Oncologist. Administers prescribed doses of radiation to specific body parts, using radiation therapy equipment according to established practices and standards. Prepares and constructs equipment such as immobilization devices as needed or prescribed by the physician. Prepares and keeps stock of the treatment rooms. Under the direction of the manager, may assume additional therapist responsibilities. Will also be responsible for performing administrative duties including scheduling.
To be successful in this role, you must possess:
- ARRT registration in radiation therapy or be board eligible by completing the appropriate school of radiation therapy
- If not already ARRT registered, must pass board exam within three months of hire date
- Continue to hold ARRT registry throughout employment
- Excellent patient relations skills
- Strong technical/computer usage skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Cancer care experience
- Quality Assurance training
- Graduate of an accredited Radiation Therapy Technology program
- 1+ years of experience in field
- Experience with EMRs
UMPhysicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.