Open Date: October 16, 2020
Close Date: Open until filled
Work Hours: Full-time, M-F
Job Location: Laramie, WY (Home Office)
Salary: $4,508.34 per month
The IT Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the service desk staff and ensuring that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. Manages all procedures related to the identification, prioritization and resolution of help requests, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of service desk functions. Contributes to problem resolution with hands-on support.
- Direct the activities within the service desk area and provide excellent service to the entire user base.
- Provide stakeholders with assistance regarding incidents and requests for support.
- Act as a focus area lead for the service desk while working with project managers.
- Create and maintain documentation of products and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a high-standard relationship and understanding with agency force, customers and third-party vendors.
- Represent and reconcile the interests of both the business and IT.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and yearly projects.
- Develop, drive and improve metrics.
- Document new processes and/or process changes.
- Oversee the development of documentation and training materials for service desk personnel and business users.
- Escalate and monitor incidents and requests to outside departments or managed service providers (MSP).
- Identify trends in incidents and requests and find solutions to reduce their frequency.
- Ensure that department workflow is aligned with company goals.
- Manage all staff aspects, including hiring; cross training; training; development; performance review; salary administration; job descriptions; team organization and motivation of staff.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Three years' experience with IT service desk operations.
- Five years' experience with IT service desk operations.
- Knowledge or experience in company infrastructure, networking and software systems.
- Knowledge of help desk practices and customer service tactics.
- Familiar with ITIL or ITSM.
- Experience with industry help desk software such as Service Now, Zendesk, Mange Engine or Trackit.
- MSFT Certification – Desktop Support Technician, Technology Specialist or higher.
- On Call Scheduling.
- Effective personal management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft programs, One Drive, Teams, SharePoint and VISIO.
Successful applicant must pass a drug and alcohol screening and undergo an MVR and background check.
NOTICE TO APPLICANT: Federal and state law requires that all applications be considered without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any grounds prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We believe in and fully support the principle of equal employment opportunity and will fulfill our obligation to the fullest.
Please read and understand the following: The information provided by me in this application for employment is true, correct, and complete. False, incomplete, omitted, or misrepresented information of any kind will be sufficient cause for my application to be rejected or, if discovered after I am employed, cause for immediate termination of my employment.
I authorize Mountain West Farm Bureau Insurance to contact and obtain information about me from my previous employers, education institutions, and references I provided (unless designated with a “no“). Mountain West Farm Bureau Insurance is hereby authorized to conduct any investigation of my personal history, including, but not limited to, criminal searches as deemed appropriate, and/or credit and financial records employing investigative or credit agencies or bureaus of Mountain West Farm Bureau Insurance's choice subject to the provisions of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
I understand and agree that I will be given an initial drug and alcohol test prior to my employment and random drug and alcohol tests may be requested during my employment.
If employed by Mountain West Farm Bureau Insurance, I agree to abide by its rules and regulations. I understand that if I am employed by Mountain West Farm Bureau Insurance, my position is considered at will, which means I may be terminated at any time with or without cause.
By submitting my application, I indicate my full understanding and acceptance of all terms and conditions in the above statement. This application expires in one (1) year.