Positions Location: Charlotte, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for greeting and screening Caregivers, visitors, patients and other clients to support the objective to maintain a safe, secure and orderly environment. Provide excellent customer service.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Conduct Visitor and Caregiver screening as recommended by Sparrow Health System and Sparrow Eaton Hospital, which may include taking temperature, asking screening questions and providing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Provides a positive first impression of Sparrow Health System and Sparrow Eaton Hospital to patients and visitors by extending a cordial welcome and assisting with needs.
- Greet patients, visitors and caregivers.
- Provides directions and wayfinding assistance to patients and visitors.
- Answers questions and refers patients and visitors to appropriate resources.
- Responds to safety hazards according to facility procedures to include: water on floor, objects inadvertently blocking doors, electrical cords removed or taped, and misplaced furniture.
- Immediately report any accidents to Leader on duty.
- Report suspicious behaviour.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Use of screening tools and technology for visitors, patients and caregivers.
- Keep work area safe from hazards
- Demonstrates knowledge and maintains and respects patient right to privacy by following the HIPAA Privacy policies and procedures.
- Adheres to ICARE values and standards of behavior (Innovation, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
- Role model behaviors that value the diversity of our caregivers, patients and customers and supports creating an environment that is inclusive, welcoming and respectful.
- Communicates with patients, families and customers using AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank).
- Works in a safe manner and promptly reports any hazards identified in the work environment or related to assigned responsibilities.
- Adheres to policies and procedures designed to avoid, prevent and reduce the spread of communicable diseases. Work Experience
- Minimum 6 months frontline customer services experience and/or 6 months healthcare experience
- Previous greeting and/or lobby entrance screening. Preferred. Education
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with patients, families, physicians and other hospital associates.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
Sparrow Eaton Hospital is a community hospital affiliated with Sparrow Health System located in Charlotte, Michigan - which is a short 15 minute drive to downtown Lansing.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status
Location: Sparrow Eaton Hospital
Activation Date: Friday, July 31, 2020
Expiration Date: Friday, January 1, 2021