Provides distributive pharmacy services and technical support for the pharmacist. Under the direction and final check of a licensed pharmacist prepares, packages and labels IV and unit dose interim and maintenance medications according to prescriber orders and to established policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Sets up, organizes and maintains work area.
- Assists pharmacists, and under their direction, performs duties such as, but not limited to, filling containers, preparing and affixing labels, prepackaging pharmaceuticals, maintaining records, and stocking supplies.
- Performs pharmacy computer functions as required.
- Prepares and labels IVs, hyperalimentation solutions, chemotherapy agents, and other pharmaceutical products.
- Responds to patient admission, transfer, discharge, discontinued medication notices, and processes physician orders, according to established procedure.
- Assists in performing recordkeeping, billing and accounting functions, including, but not limited to, verifying remittances, corresponding with third party prescription payors, entering charges and payments, making adjustments, posting charges and printing statements.
- Assists in ordering, receiving, inspecting and adjusting stock.
- Maintains floor stock, crash carts and nursing station inspection reports.
- Assists in training pharmacy personnel.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Provides for the age specific needs of the population served according to department standards, as evidenced by observation, documentation, and peer feedback.
(X) Newborn - Birth to discharge
(X) Infant - Any child up to one year
(X) Pediatric - One year to 12 years
(X) Adolescence - 13-17 years
(X) Adult - 18-64 years
(X) Geriatric - 65 years and older
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Valid state Temporary, Limited, or Full Pharmacy Technician License; if current candidate has a state Temporary Pharmacy Technician License, a valid state Full Pharmacy Technician License must be obtained within 365 days of issuance.
Previous pharmacy experience or courses in pharmacy curriculum.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.