Physical Therapist Clinic Director
Looking for a place where you can truly make a difference and grow in your role?
Join us on our mission to inspire & enable people to live life to the fullest!
WHO WE ARE:
We’re a part of the Ivy Rehab Network, a national provider of physical, occupational, and speech rehabilitation services for both children and adults. We have over 200 of locations and are growing fast. This rapid growth means we can continue to provide exceptional care to even more patients and provide tremendous career advancement opportunities to our team.
“It’s All About The People” at Ivy —our teammates, our patients, our referral sources, and the communities in which we operate.
At Ivy Rehab, the Physical Therapist Clinic Director’s role is to provide exceptional care through evaluation, design and implementation of care as well as manage and lead the day to day operations of the clinic including supervision of team, professional development, and marketing to promote the clinic’s success.
- Manage the overall leadership and operation of the clinic; responsible for the success of clinic both clinically and financially
- Market the clinic successfully working closely with the Marketing Reps and the VP of Sales and Marketing to maintain valuable relationships and increase patient referrals with community physicians
- Mentor Staff Clinicians and provide leadership to all support staff
- Provide therapeutic patient care based on current diagnosis and past medical history
- Perform patient evaluation, including all pertinent tests and measurements appropriate for required documentation in a timely manner
- Review patient records for current diagnosis, past medical history, precautions, and contraindications
- Instruct patients in home exercise program, transfer training, positioning, safety issues, etc.
- Adhere to all HIPAA regulations regarding patient confidentiality and recordkeeping
- Develop a plan of care based on physician’s orders and evaluation findings
- Document date, time and treatment applied at each session objectively in electronic documentation system – i.e. progression, regression of functional abilities, or any adverse responses noted during session
- Communicate, in a timely manner, with other professionals such information as appropriate to update the plan of care for the patient, coordinate services, or report adverse responses to treatment
- Perform annual reviews of all staff members
- Perform responsibilities under general and direct supervision of Regional Director
- Perform other diverse duties as requested or required
- Proven exceptional customer service and patient care experience
- Self-motivated with the willingness to exceed patient expectations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Graduation from an accredited Physical Therapist curriculum
- Proof of licensure as an Physical Therapist in the state of desired employment
- 3-5 years of work experience as a Physical Therapist, preferably in an outpatient setting
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a competitive benefit package, continuing education, residency opportunities, and so much more.
Grow with us and apply today!