Do you love writing, teaching, and storytelling as much as you love keeping projects on time? Are you a passionate project management professional with a knack for changing lives? Are you an Agile guru, scrum master, or technology project management wizard who loves discussing the latest trends in the field? Then we may have the position for you.
We’re creating programs to train new audiences for careers in the tech industry. Our programs are taught at the leading universities across the country including the University of Pennsylvania, University of California Berkeley, Northwestern, UNC Chapel Hill, Rutgers, UT Austin, and many others. We pride ourselves on building high-quality programs that help ambitious, hardworking adults change their lives through practical skills, fundamental knowledge, and the confidence to advance their careers.
We’re looking for a top-notch professional with a love for writing, teaching, inspiring, and helping newcomers enter the field of project management. The program we’re developing combines theoretical teaching with plenty of hands-on practical, skills-based assignments.
What We’re Looking For:
Someone with at least 3-5 years of industry experience in project management
Someone with a lot of hands-on experience. We’re building a program in which students learn by doing! At a minimum, you should have a strong familiarity with topics like:
- Curriculum development
- Voice and tone
- Instructional design
- Software development processes
- Project management concepts and approaches
- Agile project management
- Tools such as MS Project, Asana, Jira, Smartsheet, Lucidchart, Canva
- Someone who absolutely loves sharing knowledge with others through writing. It’s ideal if you’ve created curriculum in the past. Major plus if you’ve been a professional writer or editor.
Someone with a creative itch! This program will require a great deal of ingenuity and setup to create at scale. We want someone who is excited by the idea of teaching students how to become project managers using real-world scenarios to create highly job-relevant skills.
Someone who is a lot of fun! We want the learning experience to be exciting, engaging, and a little funny. We need fun people to make this a reality!
Someone who can be a part of a team. Collaboration is your middle name. Receiving feedback is no problem for you because you relish the developmental process. We want someone with a bit of thick skin, an infectious enthusiasm for continual improvement, and staying abreast of industry trends.
Someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. In this capacity, you’ll be responsible for keeping a living curriculum up-to-date for hundreds of students and teachers across the country. This means meeting deadlines, revising content again and again when necessary to create the best lesson possible for our students.
Above all else…...Someone who is looking for more than just a paycheck. We can’t stress this enough. Deep within all of us at Trilogy is the belief that our programs change lives. Each month we hear from countless students attesting to how our program brought them new skills, landed them new jobs, and a renewed sense of confidence. This impact is what our work is really about to us.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- You will be responsible for writing the curriculum for our Project Management program. Curriculum content will be created for both instructor-led and online delivery.
- You will be responsible for taking a comprehensive outline and creating instructional activities for demonstrating key concepts in the area of Project Management.
- You will be responsible for improving portions of our curriculum based on student learning data -- and continually asked to create improved content for teaching topics covered in our program.
- You will be responsible for partnering with subject matter experts to capture industry trends that will be reflected in descriptive, narrative lesson plans.
- Lastly and most importantly, you will be responsible for making sure our program is the very best Project Management program it can be. We want the person in this role to feel accountable to our students’ success in the same way we hold ourselves accountable to their success in all other areas.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our Trilogy line of business.
Trilogy Education, a brand of 2U Inc., partners with the best universities in the world to create and manage skills-based instructional programs (boot camps) to provide training for today’s workers with tomorrow’s skills.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.