Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self and believe games are the basis of the future virtual worlds.
Developers face a variety of risks in game development – from game design to production speed to launch scale. With SpatialOS, we aim to offer the next generation game development technology that helps reduce those risks and enables innovation that is vital to the future of games.
We believe China is leading the world in gaming, and that the next generation of game worlds will be developed by the prosperous Chinese Game Development Community. We are looking for talented individuals to join our Shanghai Office, our core hub and headquarters for APAC Operations.
Your mission is to help develop and deliver our SpatialOS GDKs for Android and IOS Mobile platforms.
We are focused on ensuring our customers can create the next generation of mobile games with SpatialOS. To that end, we are building a team at our Shanghai location with expertise in mobile development to provide a performant mobile integration and the best possible developer experience. We’re seeking talented engineers who’ve shipped products on Android and IOS platforms and understand the technical challenges faced by game developers.
As an Engineer in the Mobile Team at Improbable, you’ll be responsible for designing, building and deploying the tools our customers use to develop their next generation mobile games. This includes example applications and best practices to help our customers accelerate their development process.
The Mobile team guarantees SpatialOS GDKs are compatible with supported versions of Android and IOS and addresses any technical issues such as: performance, library compatibility, Unreal and Unity Engine integration. The Mobile team aims to provide best-in-class developer experiences and support of emerging mobile technologies like 5G.
- Develop and support Unreal and Unity SDKs for Android and IOS
- Create example applications using these SpatialOS GDKs for Android and IOS
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts, integrate new software project into current CI/CD tools.
- Perform evaluation of new features on mobile devices
- Coordinate with global development teams to identify and provide features based on market requirements
- Design and implement workflows for successful product development using SpatialOS GDKs for Android and IOS
- Experience shipping product for Android or IOS
- Knowledge and understanding of Unity or Unreal
- C/C++, Android NDK and/or Objective-C/C++Knowledge of API/SDK Design, Packaging, and Support
- Strong technical programming skills utilizing a variety of different coding languages and tools
Experience of the following would be advantageous
- Experience with build CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/BuildKite
- Experience with Game Development for Mobile
- Experience with Mobile Network programming and debugging
- Experience with distribution of mobile applications in China market
- Experience of testing mobile solutions using platforms like WeTest or TestFlight
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.