With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Istanbul, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Shanghai, Singapore and Hong Kong, OakNorth is the next-generation credit platform that’s redefining lending to small and medium-sized businesses globally.
OakNorth was set up in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
In the UK, the platform has helped us build a profitable loan book (via OakNorth Bank) of over £4bn and secure over £600m of repayments. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 10,000 new homes and 13,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy. Globally, the platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia.
Today, the global team is made up of almost 730 people.
We started our operations in the UK and have since expanded to operate additional offices worldwide. Shenzhen represents the next stop on our global journey. We are opening a credit and language centre here in January 2019. Our first hires will possess fluency in Mandarin (a combination of traditional and simplified Chinese is preferred, but not required) and a background in corporate finance/credit. Prerequisites for joining include language and fundamental corporate credit analyst skills (financial modelling and forecasting, business/market, peer analysis and credit assessment), energy, and drive for continuous learning and development. If this describes you, please send us your CV!
Role includes ongoing training by the ONAI credit team.
- Conduct detailed analysis of loan opportunities across various sectors in different geographies
- Develop detailed financial model comprising transaction details, financial statement analysis, projections, credit metrics, amongst others
- Conduct sensitivity analysis on projections – for stress testing on loans for serviceability
- Identify deal specific covenants which can act as early warning signals while monitoring loans
- Draft credit reports with key takeaways on opportunity; report has to be concise, easy to read format for credit and risk to review and comment
- Conduct detailed industry/market studies to understand operating environment of borrower
- Monitor borrower performance on an ongoing basis and producing periodic review reports, including annual reviews
- Interact with clients to discuss data gaps, inconsistencies, analytical frameworks etc.
- Coordinate with product teams to explain credit specific requirements as product features
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Ability to draft financial reports
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills
- Personal drive (proactive) and a responsible nature
- Flexibility and a willingness to adapt easily to changing requirements
- A results-driven mindset
- Native Chinese language skills
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.