Production Manager Position Overview:
This position is responsible for managing all plant production activities and safety, ensuring compliance with all company/plant policies; meeting production schedules and standards; producing in accordance with applicable customer requirements, maintaining optimum production at the least possible cost, defining problem areas and other areas for improvement, conducting investigations and implementing solutions.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reviews and maintains production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan facility operations.
- Responsible for the safety performance of the plant and takes an active role in the plant's safety programs and goals.
- Directs and coordinates production processes, and, operational functions to achieve goals and optimal production performance.
- Directly supervises and trains the production supervisors, and leads all other production positions to ensure a skilled workforce. Assesses skills and recommends or provides training to ensure department coworkers are competent in procedures/policies and plant goals are met.
- Supervise all production operations such.
- Oversees the functions of all production activities on the respective shift to ensure compliance to all performance and safety standards and holds authority to prevent production of defective product.
- Maintains production efficiencies and scrap minimization and is responsible for the Scrap Reduction Reports and Team efforts to reduce scrap and increase efficiencies. Champions plant projects designed to promote continuous improvement efforts and optimize production efficiencies respective to all goals as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of continuous improvement efforts (factory visual management, 5S, etc.).
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Technical or related field a plus but not required
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing and supervision
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge of machines and molds, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance a plus
- Experience in the plastics industry a plus