International Business Development Manager – German Higher Education Institutions | Signpost
Signpost is a Belgian growth company that originated in 2000 under the name studentstart.be. From the ambition to enable students to buy affordable software, studentstart.be was quickly transformed into Signpost: an organization that deals with the distribution of low cost and legal software in education. In addition to software, Signpost offers total solutions for laptop projects within schools, in other words the sale, delivery and repair of hardware. Signpost builds a commercial bridge between products from international hardware and software suppliers and the education world. With this they have tapped into a niche that has given them double digit growth for several consecutive years.
Signpost keeps on growing and has successfully launched a new concept ‘Academic Software’ to completely relieve the schools and students in terms of software. In Academic Software, more than 500 software titles are available that customers need - through a subscription formula - to complete their studies or teach. Their goal is to have at least 1 million users (students, teachers, employees) on the platform by 2022.
With this new concept, also called the Netflix for student software, Signpost is now going international. Therefor they are looking for motivated colleagues to join their European Sales team and implement their growth path:
International Business Development Manager – German Higher Education Institutions (M/F/X)
- Specifically, you will:
- Collaborate internally to strategize Signpost’s business development activities and priorities, taking them from early stage discussions and nurturing them through to contract closure
- Undertake pro-active business development and pipeline management.
- Manage and grow existing partnerships, scout and initiate new partnerships and client relations in your territory.
- Contribute to bid management and solution liaison to ensure Signpost’s bids are attractive to clients
- Develop new ideas how to further improve the user experience and product portfolio to respond to current and future trends within the education sector.
As an International Business Development Manager, you’ll be representing Signpost to partners and clients. You are responsible for winning confidence and new work through a range of business development activities, including relationship management, marketing and bids teams to pioneer new international growth.
- A degree or equivalent, in a relevant discipline or with direct experience of working in international development / sales
- Experience of successful global horizon scanning and identifying new business opportunities in a systematic way
- Experience of identifying suitable opportunities and successfully managing a pipeline
- Experience of building up and sustaining a network of key relationships and contacts in order to deliver business outcomes
You’ll be great at this job, if:
- You have strong interpersonal and people skills
- You are a great teamplayer working close with team members to drive general market success.
- You are patient in building new business relationships, in order to convincing new clients. You have a partner oriented mindset and proven negotiation skills.
- You’re an agile thinker with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances through creative problem-solving
- You have a creative approach to commercial development, and new ideas for how to maximise sales and surplus.
- You have strong fit with a growth company culture.
- You are fluent in Dutch and German in order to manage relationships, partnerships and complex negotiation process.
- You are willing to travel extensively for the business.
This position is based in Belgium (Lokeren) but your focus will be on the German market (Universities, colleges, and further education institutions based in Germany, Austria & Switzerland).
You can submit your cover letter and detailed resume by clicking on the button below.
Do you want to learn more? Please call +32 (0)2 474.03.90 or +32 (0)9 221.53.10