We are currently looking for passionate and enthusiastic System Integration open-source software developers (junior, middle, senior) to join our ever growing geographically-distributed engineering team.
As a member of the Core domain team, you will focus on developing, adapting, integrating, packaging and validating - (“make it work“) - multiple Linux system software libraries, bundling applications through containers with appropriate security profiles through Linux application security systems into Linux-based distributions for different customers’ projects and products.
- Analyzing client problems and designing solutions leveraging open source technologies and Collabora's technical expertise
- Defining and scoping client projects in collaboration with the delivery team
- Discussing Linux core system technologies with clients and representing the company at conferences and trade shows to demonstrate and promote our leadership in the open source arena
- Contributing publicly to open source projects to ensure Collabora's continuing technical leadership
- Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications, technical and business strengths and target markets
- Understanding client needs and reconciling time constraints, available technologies and resources, and open source best practices
- Linux experience
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and relevant open source communities
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and communicate in an online fully distributed environment
- Any track record of experience with direct contributions in the GNU/Linux distributions packaging such as Debian and/or Yocto
- Expertise in using containers technologies such as LXC, Flatpak and knowledge of Linux security technologies – LSM, namespaces, cgroups, AppArmor, SELinux
- Knowledge of application manager principles as well as D-Bus and Systemd and exposure to Jenkins, Open Build Service (OBS) and OSTree
- Familiarity with one or more of Collabora's market verticals
- BS/BA or experience in the role of Engineer
Collabora is a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio.