Requisition No: 176101
Agency: Veterans Affairs
Working Title: OPS MAINTENANCE REPAIRMAN - 50509715
Position Number: 50509715
Salary: $ 9.60 per hour
Posting Closing Date: 06/30/2020
OPS (Temporary) Maintenance Repairman
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS' AFFAIRS
Baldomero Lopez State Veterans' Home
Land O' Lakes, Pasco County
Rate per Hour: $9.60
Other vacant OPS (Temporary) Maintenance Repairman positions (shifts) may be filled from this advertisement within Six (6) months of the closing date.
Selected Candidate must successfully complete our employment screening process to include, but not limited to a drug test and finger printing.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English; speaking, writing, understanding and reading.
- Must be willing to be on-call and/or work a schedule that is inclusive of weekends holidays and overtime if needed.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver license.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Experience with repairs in a commercial building.
- Knowledge of general repair and maintenance.
- Painting and drywall repair experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working in a Long Term Facility with a geriatric population.
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS:
Performs routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently and the physical condition of the buildings do not deteriorate.
Provides routine repair services to defective equipment, repairs physical plant deficiencies, resolves routine work orders, assists with the assembly, delivery and installation of facility equipment.
Documents actions and outcomes of preventative maintenance efforts, repair services and other routine actions to assist the Maintenance Superintendent in maintenance of a concise record of services rendered.
Maintains a clean and safe work environment, assists the Maintenance Superintendent with maintaining a focus of safety and accident prevention throughout the facility.
Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This is a Career Service positon.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Nearest Major Market: Tampa