At this time, we are seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing to join our team!
- Assist the Director of Nursing in planning, coordinating, and managing the nursing department, being jointly responsible for the overall direction and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents.
- Support and practices the philosophy, objectives and standards of the Department of Nursing to ensure quality care to all residents.
- Participates in the implementation of the resident assessment and care planning process to comply with resident care needs and regulatory agency requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable Medicare, managed care, and state Medicaid regulations, reimbursement systems and methodologies.
- Make frequent rounds on nursing units, on all shifts, to assess performance of nursing staff and monitor the quality of care provided.
- Participate in internal audits of nursing practice.
- Participate in the quality improvement process and activities
- Implement infection control/prevention guidelines as outlined in company program and ensures that all nursing staff are educated, utilizing infection control practices that protect staff, residents and families.
- Ensure the department is adequately staffed to provide quality care to residents.
- Participate in orientation and education programs for nursing service personnel and ensures that all personnel can demonstrate the abilities required to function appropriately in their positions.
- Ensure the provision of in-service/staff development programs that contribute to meeting nursing department objectives/standards.
- Provide clinical expertise to facilitate and support the nursing process in resident interventions/care provided.
- Ensure a safe and sanitary environment for residents, employees and visitors.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, LRN degree
- Candidates must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as an RN
- Current CPR certificate required
- Additional certification in nursing specialty of geriatrics is desirable
- It is important that the ADON's knowledge of State and Federal rules and regulations governing a skilled nursing facility is strong
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to function independently, have personal integrity, flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel and support agencies
- Strong communication skills to successfully communicate with all co-workers, staff, residents and families on an ongoing basis
Leisure Park is a beautiful community in Lakewood, NJ, with more than 410 units offering independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer's care, and skilled nursing care.
Auto req ID