PRN Critical Care Tech ICU
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Schedule: PRN- minimum of five shifts of availability per six-week scheduling period. 15% PRN differential applies!
Critical Care Tech for Neuro-Trauma ICU. The Neuro Trauma Intensive Care Unit department at St. Anthony Hospital has 36 beds, 24 in the NTICU and 12 in the NVICU with one associate group for both units. The primary focus in NTICU is trauma and neuro trauma. Our typical patient diagnoses are MVA/MCA, TBI, penetrating trauma, assaults, SDH, SAH,
IVH, SCI and orthopedic fractures. In the NVICU, we primarily see stroke patients, post IR patients, craniectomy for tumor resection/debulking, SAH/IVH (non-trauma) and status epilepticus. We work very closely with our physician groups to collaborate on care.
$17.00 - $24.14/hr
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This position performs direct and indirect patient care in collaboration with RN or Physician. Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating and collaborating with the team to meet the physical and emotional needs of the patient. Orders, receives and stocks supplies for the department/unit. Assists support staff with filing, medical records and daily tasks as assigned.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- One year healthcare experience (pre-hospital, ED and/or patient care) preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Basic computer skills
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Current Colorado Emergency Medical Technician-Basic or A-EMT or EMT-Intermediate or Paramedic license required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for HealthCare Providers certification required from American Heart Association required
- IV certification required upon hire
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
St. Anthony Hospital, located in Lakewood, Colorado, is a Level I Trauma Center with four trauma rooms including the T-10 room, a dedicated field-to-surgery suite ready 24/7 for trauma surgeons and specially trained teams who provide life-saving care to the most severely ill and injured patients. St. Anthony proudly provides a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Denver and the surrounding region with a state-of-the-art medical campus and Flight for Life. We’re also proud to be the recipient of numerous awards, certifications and accreditations from the American Heart Association; Chest Pain Center (CPC); American College of Cardiology; The Joint Commission’s National Quality Approval; Healthgrades; the Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award; NAPBC Accreditation; American College of Radiology and many others. The St. Anthony Medical Campus in Lakewood combines our heritage of expert care with the latest in technology and innovation. If you’re looking to be part of a fast-paced environment where you can practice to the top of your profession in trauma, cardiology, stroke, neurosciences, breast imaging, cancer/oncology care, surgery and more, we invite you to apply.
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We’re committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package enriches the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off & Sick Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. *If you do not see the pay range for this position listed, you are on a third-party job board. All our pay ranges are posted on our careers site www.centura.org/careers. Please visit our careers’ page and apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.