The Engineering Associate assists in the collection of samples, gathers information, analyzes data and assists in the preparation of the data.
He/she also assists in the engineering designs and technical research, including plans, specifications, and reports.
Gather, correlate, utilize raw data, and arrange it in a workable form for review.
This involves performing various engineering related calculations and analyses of information in the application of the basic design criteria necessary to complete assigned projects.
- Collaborate with CAD technicians, field technicians, designers, and other team personnel to complete projects efficiently and accurately.
Assist the lead Project Engineer or Project Manager in estimating and tracking project costs.
The Assistant Engineering Associate should become acquainted with the procedures which are necessary to execute a sound and efficient project, with the ultimate goal of developing good project management techniques.
Assist the lead Project Engineer or Project Manager with data tabulation/evaluation and report preparation.
Assist in coordination of report production and development of engineering designs and specifications.
Perform quality control checks.
- Assist the lead Project Engineer or Project Manager in the performance of field assignments including resident engineering, construction observation, site inspections, and conducting field assessment of properties.
- Prepare daily quality control (QC) reports, maintain field notes and photo documentation as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or structural engineering, plus minimum 0 to 2 years related experience.
- EIT certification preferred but not required.
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data.
- Able to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Able to carry out multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Able to travel for weeks at a time and have a valid driver's license.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Understanding of CAD and GIS programs such as AutoCAD or ERSI Arc Map a plus.
Effective verbal communication skills with colleagues, vendors, and subcontractors.
Must be able to explain scopes of work (RFP) and obtain quotes from vendors.