About the Job
The Assistant to the President for Board and Donor Relations is a full-time, exempt position, who works as part of the team in the Office of the President (OOTP) at Colorado Christian University (CCU) in close collaboration with and as the identified liaison between the Office of the President and the Office of Advancement. The Assistant to the President will help launch the President’s vision of effectively engaging members of the Board of Trustees, members of a growing Advisory Council, as well as top-tier donors, including the University’s IVy Women population. This position will anticipate the President’s needs with these constituent groups, and manage processes and systems to develop and strengthen strategic relationships while implementing the President’s goals and priorities. This position will provide leverage and a broad range of high-level support to the President by advancing special initiatives and specific projects, ensuring effective implementation of priorities as identified by the President to support the University’s mission and Strategic Priorities.
Colorado Christian University is the premier interdenominational Christian university in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region, delivering world class education to thousands of students. The fully accredited, nonprofit University is located in Lakewood, Colorado, a suburb of Denver.
Colorado Christian University was founded in 1914 on two principles — grace and truth. CCU’s scriptural foundation comes from John 1:17: For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. (ESV)
CCU's mission is Christ-centered higher education transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth.
A leader in higher education, the University has been consistently ranked in the top 2 percent of colleges and universities nationwide for its core curriculum by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni. CCU has had nine consecutive years of enrollment growth and has been named one of the five fastest-growing master’s granting universities by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
CCU offers more than 100 degree program options for traditional and adult students through its College of Undergraduate Studies and College of Adult and Graduate Studies. More than 8,000 students attend the University on the main campus, in regional centers throughout Colorado, and online.
Scripture states all Christians are called to serve Christ and to minister to others. Because Christians are individuals with different gifts and callings, we serve Christ in a variety of ministry vocations. CCU invites you to explore how you may use your calling and gifts at the University.
What is most appealing about working at CCU?
- Live out your calling: We are a traditional evangelical university where you can invest your God-given talents and abilities alongside coworkers and teammates, while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Impact students for Christ: Our mission is to provide Christ-centered higher education, transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth.
- Equip students for kingdom work: You can be a part of preparing students for positions of significant leadership in the church, business, government, education, and other professions, as a key part of our University's Strategic Priorities.
- Contribute to our vibrant culture: CCU’s culture is unique to higher education. Where else can you read the Holy Bible, pray with teammates and students at work, and impact our culture in support of Christian values?
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in project management, organizational leadership, or a related field, with two to five years of related experience preferred.
- Respectfully principled demeanor and are naturally confident; able to communicate with conviction and confidence to constituents, donors and those affiliated with CCU.
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion and maintain confidentiality in accordance with University policies and department needs.
- Demonstrated an ability to work positively and effectively, independent of daily supervision as a team member and as an individual contributor; focused, disciplined, assertive self-starter.
- Ability to work in a high-energy environment and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Initiative in delivering prompt, accurate data and reports with high attention to detail.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and other Microsoft applications. Willing to become skilled with the University donor database (Raiser's Edge).
- Competency in event planning on all levels from initiation to completion.
- Ability to articulate an understanding of and have a passion for Christian higher education.
- Demonstrated professionalism, persistence, initiative, high ethical standards; internal motivation to accomplish objectives and tasks (a self-starter).
- Strong commitment to the mission and Strategic Priorities of the University.
Key Job Duties
- Contribute to CCU’s mission: Christ-centered higher education transforming students to impact the world with grace and truth. In this role, the Assistant to the President for Board and Donor Relations contributes to the University’s mission by connecting key individuals with the opportunity to interact with and invest in CCU students, providing them with opportunities to impact the world with grace and truth.
- Create, schedule, execute, and determine next action steps associated with frequent communications to and individual engagement opportunities with members of the Board of Trustees, including face-to-face visits, phone calls, emails, and mailings. Plan and execute related events with excellence.
- Create, schedule, and execute periodic communications and engagement opportunities for the President with a growing Advisory Council, including face-to-face visits, phone calls, emails, and mailings as appropriate.
- Create, schedule, and execute engagement opportunities for the President to cultivate relationships with 50-75 top-tier donors and donor prospects through face-to-face visits, phone calls, emails, and mailings; work closely and meet frequently with the Vice President of Advancement (VPA) to nurture appropriate high touch interactions. Prepare timely correspondence and expressions to high-end donors. Includes very active engagement with annual President’s Circle Dinner and other President’s Circle events.
- Work as the lead coordinator for all IVy Women monthly, quarterly, and annual activities. Plan, execute, and produce successful IVy Women kick-off campaign luncheons, boutique events and trips, service opportunities, and prayer gatherings.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant to the President to ensure efficient processes for calendaring and scheduling.
- Maintain President’s donor records in Raiser’s Edge; ensure the timely input of follow-up tasks and next steps.
- Monitor communications with and coordinate collateral sent to Board of Trustees and Advisory Council; assist with the onboarding of new Board and Advisory Council members.
- Develop goals and timelines to organize and implement special projects and initiatives for the President; move projects from visionary status to completion with excellence.
- Represent the Office of the President at University events as requested and attend regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity, and have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Colorado Christian University expects all faculty and staff to become a part of the University community by participating in activities and events that occur on the campus throughout the year, which may occur during evenings and weekends.
What we offer our employees:
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to all employees. Our benefit package includes: a tuition waiver program, excellent healthcare, generous paid time off, matching 403(b) retirement plan, and additional organizational paid benefits and voluntary benefit offerings. Pay and benefits will be discussed in more detail as candidate’s progress through the interview process.