- cleaning break rooms, restrooms, offices, conference rooms, locker rooms, racks, poles, shelves, docks, stack lanes, windows, doors, walls, ceilings, trash cans, under and around compactors, ramps, drains, walkways, hallways of the department/facility and outside areas according to Distribution's Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures
- emptying trash cans and taking trash to dumpster or compacting
- operating and maintaining industrial equipment such as plastic baler, sweeper/scrubber, vacuum, pressure washers, and mobile foaming unit
- operating cleaning equipment safely and proficiently to clean warehouse floors according to the cleaning schedule
- documenting daily tasks on Master Sanitation Schedule as required to maintain compliance with Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA)
- ensuring quality of product being received
- pressure washing interior and exterior of trailer i.e. wheels, fuel tank, sides of trailers, etc.
- segregating and sorting recycle materials
- reducing shrink by collecting damaged cases, sorting product, repackaging cases and properly labeling to ensure safe and proper shipment to retail
- staging product closer to the reserve or working slot racks using Powered Industrial Trucks to accelerate product put-away and availability
- hauling, stacking and sorting pallets, product or totes
- the responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Please be sure to monitor your email including your spam folder, daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position. Please do not use your Publix email address when applying.
Temperatures could range from 20 degrees below to zero for an extended period of time (Frozen Food), 28 degrees to 35 degrees Fahrenheit (Boxed Meat/Dairy) and 35 degrees to 55 degrees Fahrenheit in a wet environment (Produce), must be able to work in various weather conditions for an extended period of time (Return Center).
- be at least 18 years old
- ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- obtain and maintain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- successfully complete a Work Attitude Survey
- ability to use cleaning chemicals and powered industrial equipment that require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- ability to lift product weighing between 60 and 85 pounds
- ability to stack product of varying weights
- ability to bend, stoop, and twist
- ability to sit, stand and do repetitive work for long periods of time
- ability to read, write, identify and verify numbers
- ability to work under strict time requirements
- ability to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- current Lakeland Distribution associate