Semi Truck/Trailer Service Manager
Seeking a Service Manager with repair facility operations experience for a direct hire opportunity with our client in Lakeland, FL.
This position offers full benefits including PTO, Medical, Dental, Life insurance, and 401k!
Total compensation is between $90,000-$120,000 per year (based on experience and including commission/bonuses)
In this role you will oversee the service and repair department and identify the specific needs of existing and potential customers (internal and external) and provide solutions that ensure profitability through total customer satisfaction. You will also assist in providing a safe, positive, respectful work environment for all direct reports in the assigned department.
- Assign repair orders to service technicians daily according to each tech’s strength, knowledge, and experience. Set everyone up for success.
- Advise and communicate with shop foreman on assigning repair orders.
- Advise and communicate with office staff regarding questions about payroll hours and service billing.
- Advise and communicate with service technicians. Assist with troubleshooting on an as needed basis and any collection needs.
- Assist general manager with employee disciplinary actions as needed.
- Assist technicians with diagnosing, Repair, and Service eighteen-wheeler trailers
- Communicate with service writers to determine work schedule PM ‘s and breakdowns
- Communicate with customer
- Order / obtain parts from Parts Dept.
- Repair equipment in the shop and at the customer location
- Complete required paperwork
- Assist with diagnosing trailers and offer solutions to meet customer expectations
- Problem – solve technical problems (HVAC, electrical, air systems, brakes, axles, and light systems)
- Customer relations issues
- Create estimates
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Semi Truck/Trailer body shop repair.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in operations management or service manager.
- Must have prior experience in semi-trailer maintenance and repair.
- Ability to coordinate and empower a team of technicians with different skillsets in order to meet varying customer requirements.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and employees.
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Meet physical and mobility requirements
- Pass background check
- Pass pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screening.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!