Patient Account Specialist I - Medical
Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry!
Let us be Your Road to Success
Rotech Healthcare Inc. is seeking a Patient Account Specialist to join the Rotech team. In this position you will be responsible for auditing incoming patient records for accuracy and completeness for revenue recognition and collection. You will also be responsible for managing patient accounts for documentation needs throughout life of account and serving the customers of the Support Center (patients, referral sources, and employees) by performing tasks related to patient care and third party reimbursement.
Why work for Rotech? If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: “The Rotech Difference.”
What's the Rotech Difference? It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.Responsibilities
- Receives medical record documentation and provides thorough review and Quality Assurance for physician’s order, testing, progress notes, medical
- necessity and other documentation requirements for payors and regulatory bodies
- Audits file and proof of delivery documents to confirm products and services were provided as ordered and all data entered in eIntake is accurate
- Resolves errors by communicating and resolving with patients, referral sources and employees
- Maintains accuracy and quality control throughout patient contact and inputs accurately
- Reviews future services and tasks needed for account by reviewing the NATs (Needs Attention Tasks) in eIntake
- Proactively obtains re-certifications, and re-authorizations
- Provides timely resolution for accounts that are not in a payable status; e.g. held item, no charge, hold, audit review, etc.
- Manages insurance changes in the system by conducting insurance verification and eligibility for services/products
- Obtains authorization and qualification documentation for insurance changes
- When needed, processes new orders, responds to questions, resolves issues or forwards to appropriate personnel in a timely manner to ensure patient, referral, and employee satisfaction
- Provides product/service information by answering questions, offering assistance
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership of duties and promoting a caring and supportive environment consistent with our mission
- Communicates with patients and referral sources both verbally and in writing to ensure questions and concerns are processed in a timely manner
- Effectively communicates with location employees
- Maintains accuracy and quality control throughout patient contact and data input
- Builds relationships with locations, patients and referral sources
- Develops, maintains and constantly improves working knowledge of products, services, rules, regulations and payor requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of billing reimbursement
- One to three years of related prior work experience in a team-oriented environment is preferred.
- Medical terminology preferred
- Knowledge of medical billing practices preferred
- Knowledge of insurance policies and requirements preferred
- Experience in medical field and administrative record management preferred
- Strong customer service background preferred
- Sit, talk or listen
- The employee is occasionally required to walk
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Lifting minimum of 10 lbs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Career Path and Management opportunities
- Health and wellness benefits to include medical, prescription, dental and vision plans, short term and long term disability, supplemental life insurance and flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance program
- PTO and paid holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Referral program
- Employee Recognition program
- Employee Service Program
Make the right move, Contact us today!
This application process will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.