Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we've experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
The Logistics Coordinator coordinates the delivery of customer products to desired locations.
- Provide real time driver and load status updates in the TruckMate software system
- Provide coverage/communications for radio, phone and People Net
- Ensure proper flow of documents to and from drivers
- Effectively communicate with management, drivers and customers
- Enter data efficiently and accurately in complex software systems
- Perform clerical and administrative functions including sorting, filing and distributing transportation documents.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year experience as a transportation clerical or similar role
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent data entry skills
- Strong computer skills – prior experience working with complex computer systems
- Knowledge of Transportation Management Systems, such as PeopleNet and/or TruckMate preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and keep track of several shipments for numerous clients
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, drivers and customers
- Ability to work overtime, other shifts and/or holidays as business needs require