Kimley-Horn, one of FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For,“ is looking for a Civil EIT with 2 or more years experience to join our Land Development team and perform site development engineering tasks for residential and commercial projects.
Candidates should have experience with site civil design and permitting and applicable software applications including hydrology modeling program, storm drainage programs, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D. Projects will include a variety of land development site designs. In addition to strong technical experience, other responsibilities will include research, coordination, project management, staff management, cost estimating, permitting for land disturbance and preparation of bid packages as well as technical specifications.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT certification
- 2 or more years of relevant land development engineering experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- High level of proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience with detail site layout and grading; drainage and stormwater management design; utility design; and erosion and sediment control design
- Experience with StormCAD, Hydroflow, ICPR and other industry accepted software and development of hydrology studies
- Experience with codes and regulations, interpreting plans, designing stormwater facilities, site grading and permitting for land disturbance
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.