Under direct supervision of the Lab Manager or Lab Supervisor, the purpose of the position is to prepare eyeglass wear to patients and customers. Colleagues in this classification provide technical work. The position is responsible for producing customized eyeglass wear, make repairs of eyeglass wear, and provide minor equipment maintenance. Performs related work as directed. The lab technician will be required to perform equipment maintenance in accordance with the company's maintenance program. The lab technician will be required to hit delivery times for “Now Service“, “24-Hour“ and “Special Order (Ready When Promised)“ jobs.
- Obtains job orders from the sales team and clarifies all requests to ensure accuracy
- Maintains a steady workflow to coincide with delivery time commitments to patients (Now Service, Ready When Promised).
- Notifies leader on duty of equipment malfunctions, incomplete orders, incorrect lenses, etc.
- Provides maintenance and calibration to lab equipment.
- Completes basic housekeeping; clean and organize lenses, wash towels, vacuum, dust, polish, etc.
- Performs related duties as directed.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; supplemented by six (6) months experience optical sales or equivalent; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Word, Google Docs, etc.
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to interact successfully with both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment.
Now Optics d/b/a Stanton Optical and My Eye Lab Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at our company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances.