Track and Field Assistant Coach
Lakeridge High School
Salary Range: $3,310 - $4,427 (depending on experience)
All coaching contracts are offered on a seasonal basis only.
Reapplication for coaching positions is required on an annual basis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide a positive learning environment for the athletes.
- Teach the skills necessary for successful performance.
- Manage athlete behavior during training sessions, meets and events.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations and School Board Policies.
- Attend all meets and events scheduled for the sport.
- Set a positive role model for students.
- Attend coaches' meetings.
Experience with students and the sport/activity. Certification through the NFHS Coaches Certification Program (ASEP) is required of all coaches at the beginning of their coaching assignment, prior to the start of the season. First Aid Certification, Bloodborne Pathogen and Coaches Certification training are required and can be obtained through the district.
The person employed for this position must be able to verify identity and employment authorization. The candidate selected for this position must complete a pre-employment record check and be approved by the Oregon Department of Education after having a Fingerprint-Based Criminal History Verification completed. The selected candidate will pay $10-$25 for a set of fingerprints and $59.00 for the verification check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Lake Oswego School District is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable state and federal statutes and regulations in employment and school district programs. Equal employment opportunity and treatment shall be provided in recruiting, hiring, retaining, transferring, promoting and training of all employees regardless of the individual's race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age or disability. It is the Lake Oswego School District's policy to provide veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law. Applicants who are veterans will need to provide certification of eligibility for preference, in addition to other requested materials.
Lake Oswego School District is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace