Senior Commercial Lines Underwriting Assistant
Provides direct clerical and technical assistance, under minimum supervision, of a processing nature to facilitate work-flow and maintains underwriting files in order to expedite underwriting decisions on all property casualty submissions and requests.
- May contact insured policyholders directly to obtain phone survey and premium audit information and creates reports for the underwriters containing the information.
- Communicates directly with producers, vendors, and home office personnel, verbally an in writing, as required.
- Secures underwriting information as requested.
- Prepares general business letters, emails, correspondence and miscellaneous forms including Excel worksheets.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties, i.e., faxing, photocopying, filing, organizing and updating files, diary maintenance, etc.
- Organizes new electronic account files in conformance with Underwriting Manual format.
- Processes endorsements, premium audits, and other transactions as directed by underwriter.
- Prepares mail and packages to be sent out and collects incoming mail and deliveries.
- Receives, responds and re-directs inquiries from producers, principals, lenders and home office personnel.
- Issues new policies and orders loss control.
- Assists in training co-workers as needed or requested by Senior Vice President or Senior Underwriter/Administrative Supervisor.
- May underwrite renewals within letter of authority, and assists underwriters with underwriting of new submissions/renewals beyond letter of authority.
- Maintains regular attendance and is punctual
- Underwrites and issues audits.
- Can multi-tasks under pressure
- Analyzes and processes diverse information
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Conveys a demeanor that is professional yet approachable, positive and supportive of others (employees, customers, vendors, etc.)
- Responds well to changes in the work environment
- Promotes teamwork
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; and meets productivity and underwriting integrity standards for the BIS Underwriting Home Office.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of property casualty insurance experience
- Experience performing in-house premium audits and knowledge of ISO Premium Audit Advisory Service (PAAS) audit rules or other similar experience
- College level courses or an insurance related designation are preferred